4E Class Survivor - Round 13

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Barbarian

Votes: 38 22.8%
  • Fighter

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Ranger

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Poll closed .

Nai_Calus

First Post
Sorry you don't like vanilla..

Keep in mind that that I'm not modeling data for scientific analysis - I'm not trying to "prove" anything - just to throw out a possibility for why the 'plain' type classes wind up surviving the others in a random internet poll.

I'm sorry too. It's in frickin' everything. ;)

And oh, no, I wasn't saying that your analogy didn't prove anything, I was saying that *my* post and objection to the metaphor don't prove anything other than the fact that yeah, no matter what someone uses as an analogy, there's always some dweeb(me) who can't resist arguing. :p

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I noticed that. It seems to suggest that "more awesomeness" doesn't necessarily make a good character class.

The fighter is now much much much much more awesome and interesting with cool distinct fighting styles and all... way more than he or she was back in AD&D and that is exactly why I like it.

renau1g

First Post
The fighter is now much much much much more awesome and interesting with cool distinct fighting styles and all... way more than he or she was back in AD&D and that is exactly why I like it.

Yeah I agree, this is the first edition I`ve played that I`ve actually wanted to play the fighter.

Tallifer

Hero
DPS means damage per second (which comes directly from on line games and has no immediate bearing on D&D).
DPR means damage per round (which is clearly derived from the abovementioned term).
People who use such terms can be refering to maximum potential damage in a round, or average damage in a round.

Jack99

Adventurer
Unfortunately a lot of those who are dpr ers around here too, including those who only value dpr.
Que? No comprendo.

A couple of people have referred to dps and dpr? What are they?
It's just a word for average damage per unit. Whether we are talking per second or per round hardly matters, it amounts to the same thing. So if you played 2e, it would be dpt - damage per turn.

ZzarkLinux

First Post
I've been so busy that I almost missed this vote.

I'm glad the Avenger was hosed.
Now the Ranger needs a zap.

Never has a class been so imbalanced and simple as:
WEAPON + NATURE

Dice4Hire

First Post
Yeah I agree, this is the first edition I`ve played that I`ve actually wanted to play the fighter.

Yes, beyond about 5th level. At about that level in other versions, the fighters starts to suck wind, pretty hard, and becomes a spectator in the game.

I also like that the rituals are just as available to the fighter. Yes, it would take an incredible amount of feats, but it could be done.

Remove ads