4E Class Survivor - Round 8

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Poll closed .

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The invoker has decent flavor, but not enough mechanically to feel like more than a poor man's wizard and a poor man's cleric at the same time.

I found some hidden mechanic distinction .... they have powers with effects which penalize the invoker themselves... the attack has more potence at a price...
"The Price of Power" is a very common trope in witchcraft and similar, so it gives the invoker a touch of coolness in that regard. I kind of wish it was a class feature instead of burried in the powers.

Anybody else have the price of power?
Ok Bloodmage paragon path...
Brash attacks from the martial group?

Historically a non religious miracle worker didnt exist its a very modern myth. Witchcraft was all "one mans Holy miracle worker is another mans Witch"
They were all divine. Including Gandalf....

Last edited:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I voted paladin, 'cause I never liked paladins anyway. I am going to defend the wizard though, I find them immense fun as does my nephew.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Going for the invoker again for the third or fourth time. I do not like controllers much anyway, and the Invoker is the worst of the lot. The wizard is an archetype and the druid at least has two distinct builds.

Invokers are bland bland bland.

As for Sorcs, they are really good in this edition. With their resistance penetration abilities, they can be a lot more reliable and can do an energy theme very well, which wizards and warlocks only do so at great risk.

Plus Sorcs gets some great feats based on their class choice, and a few very nice racial ones too. Plus, doing 30+ damage before picking up the dice is fun!!!!

Dice4Hire

First Post
I found some hidden mechanic distinction .... they have powers with effects which penalize the invoker themselves... the attack has more potence at a price...
"The Price of Power" is a very common trope in witchcraft and similar, so it gives the invoker a touch of coolness in that regard. I kind of wish it was a class feature instead of burried in the powers.

If it were in more than a handful of powers it would help also. I agree it should be emphasized.

Glyfair

Explorer
As an aside, I approve being able to see who voted for what. Not sure why the Wizard votes aren't showing up, however.
It was an experiment for this round, and likely this round only.

I do find it interesting that the votes don't add up. Can you block your appearance on the list? It is an odd glitch. There is only one reason why I think that the votes could be deliberately wrong.

Destil

Explorer
Small turnout so far, but looks like we'll be sniping off the controllers over the next few rounds. Then it's down to the strikers and defenders, minus the outliers. And of course fighter wins, since he's almost both and rather good at each to boot.

Paladins again. Too many fiddly mechanics: three ways to mark, easy to loose your basic mark and not be able to remark on the next turn when or whatever. Divine power is good, but Divine Challenge needed some minor errata (better of Str or Cha, don't loose the ability to use it again if you fail to engage) and better feat/power support, not competition.

Greg K

Legend
Yay, the Warden is gone.

Now, which do I choose? Avenger for the concept? Barbarian for the elemental powers? Paladin for Divine Challenge, carrying over things from Book of Exalted Deeds, and overall power fluff? Swordmage? Sorcerer?

After rereading the Paladin powers, I think I am voting it although Avenger and Barbarian are also tempting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases