• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

Erywin

First Post
Oh was wondering if there might be a way that you could implement this idea. What I am looking for is the ability to, when rolling for initiative, the ability to input PC initiative rolls. Basically my players like to roll their own initiatives and having to reassign each one individually among the list is a bit of pain.

Cheers,
E

Mortaneus

First Post
Oh was wondering if there might be a way that you could implement this idea. What I am looking for is the ability to, when rolling for initiative, the ability to input PC initiative rolls. Basically my players like to roll their own initiatives and having to reassign each one individually among the list is a bit of pain.

Cheers,
E

Actually, my players do that as well, and I wrote it with that in mind.

Here's how...once you have all the monsters and PCs in the initiative list, and they're all in reserve status, you can then click on a given combatant and manually input their initiative total on the initiative tab. Simply doing that counts as a roll, and it'll move them to the starting combat round once you click away..

After entering all the initiatives for the PCs, you can then select 'Roll all Initiatives' from the combat menu. This will roll all the remaining combatants in Reserve status, while leaving the previously input values intact.

Erywin

First Post
Durr, well that is awesome. I was just doing it backwards, hitting Roll Initiative then manually editing the PCs values... Thanks for the help!

Mortaneus

First Post
A new version is now up, and it includes one of the most oft-requested features...import from the Character Builder!

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5

Changes:
  • Importing from Character Builder now active! (look for the CB Load button the library window and on the StatBlock edit window)
  • Cleaned up the Damage/Healing number-box logic
  • Second Wind and Action Point will now automatically appear as powers for PCs/Heroes

A quick forewarning for everyone...the import from the Character Builder will be missing some information...mainly the descriptions of powers.

Sorry, but there's not much I can do about that. Those are simply not in the file, and are kept internal to the Character Builder app. I don't have access to them to import them. If you want them in a PC's statblock, you'll have to enter them manually, or cut-and-paste from the compendium.

Last edited:

luide

First Post
Hi,
just wanted to say I've used the combat manager now in few encounters and it has been very useful for me.

I like the changed damage/healing and initiative logics.

Edit:
Issues fixed so need to keep em here anymore :)

Last edited:

mac1504

Explorer
A new version is now up, and it includes one of the most oft-requested features...import from the Character Builder!

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5

Changes:
  • Importing from Character Builder now active! (look for the CB Load button the library window and on the StatBlock edit window)
  • Cleaned up the Damage/Healing number-box logic
  • Second Wind and Action Point will now automatically appear as powers for PCs/Heroes

A quick forewarning for everyone...the import from the Character Builder will be missing some information...mainly the descriptions of powers.

Sorry, but there's not much I can do about that. Those are simply not in the file, and are kept internal to the Character Builder app. I don't have access to them to import them. If you want them in a PC's statblock, you'll have to enter them manually, or cut-and-paste from the compendium.

New version looks great- and I've already imported my whole party with no issues.

One question- is there a way that you could program it to allow the user to enter in the data for the individual powers, and have that information display in the summary section on the left hand side?

I am really loving this program, and it has allowed our combats to run much more smoothly at the tables. Thanks again for your work!

Mortaneus

First Post
New version looks great- and I've already imported my whole party with no issues.

One question- is there a way that you could program it to allow the user to enter in the data for the individual powers, and have that information display in the summary section on the left hand side?

I am really loving this program, and it has allowed our combats to run much more smoothly at the tables. Thanks again for your work!

Summary section on the left?

Which section are you talking about? What screen?

Mortaneus

First Post
A new version is up, mostly bug fixes this time.

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5.1

Changes:
  • Corrected problem when importing certain beholders eye-powers
  • Negative skill totals should now correctly import without +- problem
  • Fixed a problem with certain older Character Builder formats (the "(" in an XML name problem)
  • "End of Source's Next Turn" effects should now properly end if the source delays
  • Modified settings to attempt to account for increased system-font size (this may or may not fix the problem)

Remove ads