4e D&D GSL Live

xechnao

First Post
Yair said:
Yet you MAY, if you reach an agreement with White Wolf, publish 4e and Storyteller mechanics for your content - madness! This is just designed to kill off 3e support, and of course takes True20 and so on down with it.

Going on from this...
Someone explain this to me please. Can I publish under GSL say a book on new and not defined rules, say for example "romance rules" for 4e and another game system and include some reference to the other game system's product line in the book? Is such a reference (or even call it advertisement) prohibited by GSL?

tensen

First Post
argash said:
Your reference to a specific page number is in violation of the GSL....
/sarcasm

I'm annoyed the actually put that in specifically. I know one of the first things I wanted to do was create an index. The one they have in the PHB now is a bit too minimal for my tastes.

tensen said:
I'm annoyed the actually put that in specifically. I know one of the first things I wanted to do was create an index. The one they have in the PHB now is a bit too minimal for my tastes.
It has been in the d20 license for a long time now. Why does it bother you now?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Psion said:
Best news all day.

Where do I preorder? :cool:

QFT. Consider me to be a guaranteed sale of a full-color Pathfinder ToH. :cool:

Back on topic, though, sections 6.1 and 6.2 of the GSL are seriously dangerous minefields. What frightens me most about them is this (emphasis mine):

6.1 OGL Product Conversion. If Licensee has entered into the “Open Gaming License version 1.0” with Wizards (“OGL”), and Licensee has previously published a product under the OGL (each an “OGL Product”), Licensee may publish a Licensed Product subject to this License that features the same or similar title, product line trademark, or contents as such OGL Product (each such OGL Product, a “Converted OGL Product”, and each such Licensed Product, a “Conversion”).

The underlined sections destroy virtually any ability to have even the slightest amount of overlap, since they account for nebulously-"similar" things, and worse, reference "contents" as being applicable as conversions.

This means that if Necromancer games ever publishes a 4E version of even a single monster from ANY of the ToH books, then the entire line of products now falls under the purview of section 6.1, disallowing them from selling the existing OGL versions forever.

Talk about restrictive. :\

Last edited:

Remove ads