• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

Graf

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Iridian steps forward and fires at the halfling sniper, launching two arrows in quick succession.

[sblock=stats]HP 22/23; Bloodied 11; Healing Surge 5; Surges Remaining 1/6
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
Second Wind 1/1
Action Points 0/1
Fey Step - encounter 1/1
Evasive Strike - encounter 1/1
Split the Tree - daily 0/1[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]move: Move to V17
minor: none
standard: Twin Strike vs. Halfling atk (1d20 6=22, 1d20 6=17, 1d10=9)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Do me a favor and stick your character name in when you roll?
(ideally you could put something in the note too; like atk halfing slinger rnd 1)
I get confused really easily, so that sort of stuff helps.

And, I -think- that your twin strike is 1d20+6;1d10;1d20+6;1d10
(i.e. if you hit with both attacks you do 1[W] x2. So it should be 9 plus another 1d10.

I've rolled the extra damage for you. (DAM 8)... that's one unhappy looking halfling.
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
stonegod said:
Adain looks aghast at the sudden violence. "Fake? Fake?" He obviously seems confused. When the attack commences, he tries to wrap his head around it. "Don't kill Douven---false or true he may answer questions. Get those drakes first!" Matching his word, he steps next to the creatures, and calls forth a searing glow that stings the eyes of the faithless and empowers his friends

OOC: [sblock=Actions]Move: T6. :close: Divine Glow. 15 vs. Reflex in a close burst 3; 10 radiant damage Brock and Zaram gain a +2 power bonus to attack.[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Action Points: 0
Healing Surges: 6/9 (6 hp)
Powers:
Second Wind (1/Encounter)
Healing Strike (1/Encounter)
Bolstering Strike (1/Encounter)
Healing Word (1/2 Encounter)
Channel Divinity (1/Encounter)
Divine Glow (1/encounter)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
You need to make an attack roll for -everyone- within range (but only one damage roll).

Since you're current action is nullified (you can't get to T6) I've pushed you to V9 (safest place you can be while still getting everyone in the melee in your blast.

My dice allocation system is right to left, top to bottom. So the 15 is GD 12. Then it'll be
HR 3,HR 4,HR 2,GD 1,HR 1.
HIT ALL (but GD 1)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Things begin to happen very quickly.

No one hears Iridian's arrows take flight, but the halfling's pained curses are audible across the battlefield.
Douven moves with explosive fluidity, shifting away out of the way of Tyron's gout of energy; even Brock is startled by his sudden movement, and the swing of his warhammer comes up short.
Then the human rabble close in around you, swinging their clubs with great enthusiasm. Zaram and Brock easily fend off their clumsy attacks.

Adain steps forward; the resulting glow seems to be accompanied by some sound like a humming or a singing. Later you won't be able to describe it but when the glow fades the humans have fallen to the ground and even one of the drakes looks singed.

Douven has hefted a small chest onto his shoulder and calls to the halfling for help; there is no answering call however. It appears the slinger has crept away.

[sblock=OOC]
Douven
--------marked by Brock
--------cursed by Tyron

Douven's movement was a 3 square shift, he spent his standard picking up the chest. Since it's a shift only Brock (fighter's mark means he gets OA even with a shift) got to make an attack.

GD2
--------marked by Zaram

Halfling Slinger BLOODIED
He's technically still on the map for one more initiative count, but, in story terms he's gone.

Zaram and Brock again. You're both at +2 to hit b/c of Adain's Divine Glow; I said earlier that Brock was marked by GD 2 but he's not. They don't mark.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• F3R2-Init21.jpg
    F3R2-Init21.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 63

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Stop him!" Zaram yells pointing to the traitor. He breathes a blast of fire, engulfing the two lizards. He then swings his shining blade at the one he challenged to hurt him.

[sblock=Actions]Breathe breath weapon at lizards. 23 to attack on left, 12 to attack on right. 6 fire damage If that drops one of them I will move forward to attack Douven with radiant smite. If not, I attack the lizard that I marked. 13 to hit. 15 damage [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]AC 20 F: 15 R: 13 W: 14
Basic attack: +7; 1d8+4
27/27 hp
Surges per day/hp healed: 9 of 11/7
0 AP

Radiant Smite(encounter): Used
Dragon's breath(encounter): Used
Lay on hands(1/day): Used
Channel Divinity(encounter):
Paladin's Judgement(daily): [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Zaram engulfs the lizards in flames. Unfortunately the tough creatures continue to fight tenaciously.

[sblock=OOC -- Fiery Brath]Fiery Breath hits because of the +2 from Adain.
Neither is bloodied yet.

Can you help me with something... How did you get +11 for radiant smite? Base +7 +2 for Adain's boost (right?) +?
If you're not counting the boost and the +11 is coming from something else then you get a +13 with Adain's Divine Glow and just hit an AC 15.
But otherwise your radiant strike will miss.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Ahhh]I'd actually put that line in strikethrough a few hours (or days?) afterward.
IIRC, I was worried I'd wind up forgetting it and/or adjudication would be a pain.

But I don't honestly think it matters much.

So people can keep it. With the comment that if you forget the +2 you can't "get it back" later.
Anything else (a real game bonus from a miscaluclated math, or forgetting someone's buff) and I'll (almost always -- hate to make a promise like this) "rewind and correct".

But if someone forgets the +2 for timely posting before I adjudicate their action then it's "lost".

Unfortunately in this case you've missed with radiant strike.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Brock grits his teeth in rage, ignoring his wounds for now. He swings his warhammer, knocking it into the lizard in front of him, and driving it back with his shield.

[sblock=ooc]2nd wind as minor action (dwarf); hp 25/33; +2 to defenses for 1 round; HS 9/13

ToI vs lizard +25 vs AC, 7 damage + drive it back 1 sq[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Brock drives the drake back with powerful blows.
[sblock=OOC]Do you want to move into it's square, or stay where you are?
You didn't say so I wasn't sure.
The power says "can move" so I think you choose.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
The drakes continue to attack Zaram and Brock snarling in fury. The paladin and the warrior manage to fend them off.

[sblock=Second Wind]Very efficient use of 2nd wind.
BTW If Brock pushed the drake away then it shifted back to attack.
Otherwise you're both one square "west" of where you would be.[/sblock]

OOC: Tyron and Iridian are up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads