• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

Walking Dad

First Post
Graf said:
[sblock=Ahhh]I'd actually put that line in strikethrough a few hours (or days?) afterward.
IIRC, I was worried I'd wind up forgetting it and/or adjudication would be a pain.

But I don't honestly think it matters much.

So people can keep it. With the comment that if you forget the +2 you can't "get it back" later.
Anything else (a real game bonus from a miscaluclated math, or forgetting someone's buff) and I'll (almost always -- hate to make a promise like this) "rewind and correct".

But if someone forgets the +2 for timely posting before I adjudicate their action then it's "lost".

Unfortunately in this case you've missed with radiant strike.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
What is timely posting?
Get I only a bonus if I post my action before I see if they are still possible?

I think this is not intended, so I will add the bonus on this roll, as it is the first opportunity to act at my initiative ;)

This is not meant to sound snarcy or something!
[/sblock]

Tyron moves nearer to the slope to get Douven in his reach. Then he creates a fist-sized orb of painful blue-white radiance that whirls around false-Douven,, searing him. Fierce rays shoot from it like jabbing daggers of light, fencing him in where he stands.

[sblock=ooc]Tyron moves one to the left (AA8?), uses Dread Star on Douven.

Dread Star vs Will (to hit, damage, curse) (1d20+6=23, 3d6+4=12, 1d6=3)

[sblock=Stats]AC 16 F: 14 R: 14 W: 16
Basic attack: +4; 1d10+4 (E.Blast)
26/28 hp
0/1 AP
Healing Surges: 5/9 (7 hp)

Powers:
Eldritch Blast (At will)
Eyebite (At will)

Witchfire (1/Encounter)
Commander's Strike (1/Encounter)
Dread Star (1/Day)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Walking Dad said:
[sblock=ooc]
What is timely posting?
Get I only a bonus if I post my action before I see if they are still possible?

I think this is not intended, so I will add the bonus on this roll, as it is the first opportunity to act at my initiative ;)

This is not meant to sound snarcy or something!
[/sblock]
[sblock=Originally]
The original definition was "within 24 hours of the DM's Combat Post". So if I post one of the full combat posts with a map and initiative then you'd get the plus 2 as long as your post landed within 24 hours of the timestamp on my post.

Of course, it's better for me if you wait until it's your action (or close to your action) before posting UNLESS you're going to be late. Then it's better if you give me an idea before hand even if it's wildly off base.

The spirit of the rule was that I wanted to do a combat round every 24 hours. So if you gave me what i needed to do that then you got a little gold star.

Yeah, the weirdness is not lost on me. Still, it's a free plus 2 y'know.
I don't think expanding it (so it's like 12 hours within when I say it's your turn, or something) is going to do anything more than make it more complex.

As people have probably noticed I don't count every little plus (I actually only really started looking 'cause Redclaw was doing it). I don't, personally, think people come to EnWorld to cheat (and the one game I was in where there was the possibly that someone was cheating the other players were so far up the suspected cheater's ____ the DM needed a vacuum cleaner to separate them).
So I, slacker that I am, plan on letting the "the community" police itself; if I see something I don't understand I'll ask of course.

But if you're posting regularly I think I'll be too busy running the game to really try to examine every roll (i.e. take the +2 if you feel you've posted within 24 hours/regularly/(you were low down on the initiative order and had to wait)

BnP and all that.
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Douven is pinned by the otherworldly energies called forth by Tyron.

[sblock=OOC]You were right about the square number. I've attacked a map that's clearer. You technically went before Iridian (even though he preceeds you in the initi count (just for this round... saving my sanity and all that). After Iridian then it's Douven and the rest of the round).

Just for the record Brock and GD 1 -may- be one square west of their current positions depending on whether he he stepped into the creature's square when he used ToI.
Brock isn't marked either. I'll get rid of the little red dot next round.[/sblock]

Attachments

• F3R2-Init11.jpg
    F3R2-Init11.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 72

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Brock did step into the creature's square.

Graf: I will be OOT and offline Weds. 6/18 - Mon 6/23, so act for Brock as needed.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing Brock focused on the lizards, Adain calls forth his faith. "Strike it down, friends! The Flame seeks it!"

OOC: [sblock=Actions]Standard: :ranged: Lance of Faith vs. T9: Ref 23, 12 radiant. Brock gains a +2 vs it.
Contingency: :ranged: Armor of the Silver Flame, Immediate Interrupt, negate crit[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Action Points: 0
Healing Surges: 6/9 (6 hp)
Powers:
Second Wind (1/Encounter)
Healing Strike (1/Encounter)
Bolstering Strike (1/Encounter)
Healing Word (1/2 Encounter)
Channel Divinity (1/Encounter)
Divine Glow (1/encounter)[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Iridian takes a bead on the nearest drake and fires two arrows. One of which hits hard.

[sblock=stats]HP 22/23; Bloodied 11; Healing Surge 5; Surges Remaining 1/6
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
Second Wind 1/1
Action Points 0/1
Fey Step - encounter 1/1
Evasive Strike - encounter 1/1
Split the Tree - daily 0/1[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]move: none
minor: hunter's quarry on nearest drake
standard: :ranged: Twin Strike vs. Drake at T9 atk Drake at T9 w/Twin Strike (1d20 6=9 [miss], 1d10=5, 1d20 6=26 [crit], 1d10=6 Crit=10) + hunter's quarry damage vs. drake (1d8=4)

ooc: pretty sure hunter's quarry has to be rolled and is not max for the crit. If it is then he does 18 dmg instead of 14.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
✦ Maximum Damage: Rather than roll damage, determine the maximum damage you can roll with your attack. This is your critical damage. (Attacks that don’t deal damage still don’t deal damage on a critical hit.)
✦ Extra Damage: Magic weapons and implements, as well as high crit weapons, can increase the damage you deal when you score a critical hit. If this extra damage is a die roll, it’s not automatically maximum damage; you add the result of the roll.

PHB p 278

Sounds like Curse, sneak, quarry do max damage.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Sweet, didn't have time to look it up and haven't got to that point in the PHB yet in my reading (only on Warlock so far)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Zaram

[sblock=ooc]I'll continue to attack the lizard, unless it falls then I move to engage Douren and divine challenging him too.[/sblock]

Zaram shoves his shield into the lizards face as it tries to bite him, it's teeth making a horrible scraping sound over the metal. While the creature can't see because of the obstruction, Zaram swings his blade at the creature's flank.

[sblock=Actions]Holy strike on lizard. If it falls, I'll move forward to engage Douven. 27 to hit. 8 damage [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]AC 20 F: 15 R: 13 W: 14
Basic attack: +7; 1d8+4
27/27 hp
Surges per day/hp healed: 9 of 11/7
0 AP

Radiant Smite(encounter): Used
Dragon's breath(encounter): Used
Lay on hands(1/day): Used
Channel Divinity(encounter):
Paladin's Judgement(daily): [/sblock]

Remove ads