• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

Graf

Explorer
Brock's first attack misses, his second punishes the Dragonshield (bloodied).

ooc: stonegod you can't shift diagonally through enemy squares. You have to move down one and provoke from KA2 KM6 KM10 and KDS2 to move east and then KA1 and KDS1 when you move out of the fight....
That's six attacks... you have 10 hit points. Are you sure you don't want to give yourself the 16 hitpoints from the healing word? With 26 hitpoints you have a chance of surviving long enough to beacon....
wuz wrong

[sblock=Conditions]
These are where my notes have people:

Adain 10/26
---Bloodied
AP: 2 (Can only spend one per encounter though....)

Brock -- no idea actually. kinem hasn't been posting his stat block... I tried to go back a few pages and figure it out but I gave up....
AP: 1 (already spent one for the encounter though so out of luck)

Iridian 2/23
+16 from adain's healing word - pending sg's decision
---Marked by KDS 2
---Bloodied
AP: 1

Tyron 6/26
---Bloodied

zaram 9/27
---Bloodied

KDs
---Quarried by Iridian

KDs2
---Bloodied
---Marked by Brock

KM2
--Cursed Tyron

Irontooth
---Challenged by Zaram [/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
ooc: sg, I had you SE [shift] then NE->E2 [move] since it's less OAs (three)... of course all three hit anyway...

Adain plows through the kobolds taking stabbing after stabbing [4DAM+8DAM=12DAM] after stabbing [5DAM]. His beacon bolsters his comerads but only weakens one of the kobolds, a dragonshield.

Zaram fails to get through Irontooth's defenses and the kobolds resist the fiery attack. The divine challenge falls upon the Ambusher however demanding response. When he glances around realizes the sneaky goblin is slipping around him [immediate: goblin tactics: shift sw1]

[sblock=Corrected conditions]
I had brock having hit the wrong KDs. Both are injured now, but neither bloodied.

PCs

Adain 18/26

Brock -- no idea actually. kinem hasn't been posting his stat block... I tried to go back a few pages and figure it out but I gave up....
+9 hit points for beacon

Iridian 11/23
---Marked by KDS 2
---Bloodied

Tyron 20/26

zaram 18/27

NPCS

KDs
---Quarried by Iridian

KDs1
---Marked by Brock
---Weakened until Adain's next turn
---Cursed Tyron

KM2
--Cursed Tyron

Irontooth

KA 1

Attachments

• KOTS_F5_R4_Init16(br Ir).JPG
    KOTS_F5_R4_Init16(br Ir).JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Shoudn't Tyron have 20 HP?
He had 24 to begin with and took 4 from the OA (see my last ooc post) and 9 from the other attack. Then he was healed for 9 points (-> Adain used Armor of the silver flame to negate the critical hit.
OOC: Adain has had the contingency Armor of the Silver Flame to negate crits
Tyron has also only one AP.

Erekose13

Explorer
Iridian darts away from the bad position he is in and fires several arrows. All three arrows fly towards the dragonshield, but none is particularly impressive. Drawing his sword, Iridian moves to block the shaman to prevent him from harrasing the party from a distance.

[sblock=stats]HP 11/23; Bloodied 11; Healing Surge 5; Surges Remaining 1/6
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 13
Second Wind 1/1
Action Points 0/1
Fey Step - encounter 1/1
Evasive Strike - encounter 0/1
Split the Tree - daily 0/1[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]standard: evasive strike, shift 3 to stand 1 space away from the shaman along the wall (diagonal south east, diagonal south east, east) fire at dragonshield with hunter's quarry (Atk13, Dmg15)
action point: :ranged: twin strike at dragonshield (Atk17, Dmg6, Atk17, Dmg1)
minor: draw sword
Move: shift 1 east to stand adjacent to shaman, threatening him.

Re hunter's quarry. sorry missed that it was only the once. Does it only apply to first successful attack per round? or do I need to nominate which attack it applies to and loose it if I miss?
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
ooc: you just need to hit the target once per round to trigger it; no nominating and losing :)
... Dragonshield AC=18...
(you haven't got another +1 anywhere?)

Deftly extracting himself from the fight Iridian fires of a fusillade of arrows, none of which find their target. The Dragonshield attempts to follow [immediate:DS tactics -> shift] but can't keep up with the fleet ranger.
The priest hisses when the eladrin moves into sword range.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
The priest shifts away from Iridian [minor:shifty], [interrupt?], and breathes a gout of flame [close attack] on the central mass of combatants [CRIT KA1, MISS all others] before slithering behind the waterfall [OA? if Iridian can shift with it prior]
--KA1 BLOODIED

The dragonshield [KS2] continues to pursue the ranger, slipping away from Tyron [minor:shifty] and charges Iridian cutting him badly [7 DAM]

The other dragonshield, weakened by Adain's beacon and, mindful of Brock's threatening club, attacks the stout dwarf [MISS] but otherwise stays very still.

The priest barks instructions
[sblock=Draconic]Kill the weak, leave the strong for irontooth![/sblock]

One of the minions [KM7] rushes Iridian [4 DAM] knocking the brave ranger into unconsciousness. The other slips up next to [minor:shifty:1e] Tyron attempting to flank and stab him [MISS] before moving again [move:shift 1e]
--->Iridian hit points = 0 -- DYING

Two the encircling minions go for Tyron one [KM9] charges [MISS] the other moves more carefully and lands a painful blow [4 DAM]. The last minion [KM10] slips past Brock [shifty+move:shift NE1E1) to move into position against Adain [MISS]

Irontooth takes a step away from Zaram [Move:shift 1w], yes, fight little kobold, better foe for you and slashes Adain badly [12 DAM].
--Adain BLOODIED

The ambushers move last, the one coming from the rear [KA12 moves next to Tyron slashing him in the confusion [9 DAM]; then the one that had been challenged by Zaram slips away [shifty 1e] and then tries to circle around and attack Zaram [MISS].
--Tyron BLOODIED

[sblock=Status/Conditions]Adain 6/26
--BLOODIED

+9 hit points for beacon

Iridian 0/23
---Marked by KDS 2
---Unconscious
--DYING

Tyron 5/26
--BLOODIED

zaram 18/27

NPCS

KA1
--BLOODIED

KDs

KWyrmp
---Quarried by Iridian

KDs1
---Marked by Brock
---Weakened until Adain's next turn
---Cursed Tyron

KM2
--Cursed Tyron

Irontooth

KA 1

Attachments

• KOTS_F5_R5_Init10(bf brock).JPG
    KOTS_F5_R5_Init10(bf brock).JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 86

kinem

Adventurer
Enraged, Brock tries taking another whack at the dragonshield to push him back, but misses.

"Goblin, if you are not a coward, come now and fight me!" Brock calls out.

[sblock=ooc]ToI vs DS; 13 vs AC (miss)

IIRC, Brock has not been injured in the battle so far. He's been attacked but they all missed, just as he's missed on most of his own attacks.

So AC 19, hp 33, att +6 (+8 with quick posting bonus), dam 1d10+5 + ToI or cleave[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Adain brings his mace up to try to strike down the little kobold, but it clatters harmlessly off its armor. Stepping away from the goblin, Adain shouts to the lizardman, The Flame fills us! Stop these so I can get to Iridian!
OOC: I hope to get around to using a Heal check on Iridian, but I have to be alive to do so.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: :melee: Bolstering Strike AC 11 vs minon. Miss.
Move: Shift NE.
Minor: :close: Healing Word himself for minimum (16hp).[/sblock][sblock=Stats]HP: 22/26.
Action Points: 1
Condition: +5 on all healing powers until end of encounter.
Healing Surges: 4/9 (6 hp)
Powers:
Second Wind (1/Encounter)
Bolstering Strike (1/Encounter)
Healing Word (0/2 Encounter)
Channel Divinity (1/Encounter)
Divine Glow (1/encounter)
Beacon of Hope (1/day)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Desperate, Tyron takes a deep breath to calm down himself before he curses the Minion next to him, hoping to teleport away...

[sblock=ooc]
Not marked.

AP: to activate Healing Surge. (+2 to all defenses)
Minor: Curse one of the minions.
Standard:Basic attack against minion
Dagger (att) (1d20+3=13)
15 with speed bonus...
(If the Minion falls:
Tyron teleports 3 squres up and gain concealment.)
Move: 5 ft step up-left.)

[sblock=Stats]AC 15 F: 13 R: 13 W: 15
Basic attack: +4; 1d10+4 (E.Blast)
13/28 hp bloodied
0/1 AP
Healing Surges: 4/9 (7 hp)

Powers:
Eldritch Blast (At will)
Eyebite (At will)

Witchfire (1/Encounter)
Commander's Strike (1/Encounter)
Dread Star (1/Day)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Zaram

Now that he has the ambusher's attention, Zaram whips the tip of his blade at the creatures scaly hide, the numbers around him making his blade more desperate. As the blade strikes true, Zaram spins around, bringing his blade against Irontooth. "You are doomed!"

[sblock=Actions]Attack ambusher with valiant strike. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704908/ Crit: 12 damage
Action point to use Paladin's judgement against irontooth. Iridian can use healing surge.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704913/ 25 to hit and a measly 13 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]SG, Go and help Iridian, if the ambusher takes an OA on you, it will take damage from my divine challenge. We are really missing a controller, yes? Brock missing everything in sight doesn't help either.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]AC 20 F: 15 R: 13 W: 14
Basic attack: +7; 1d8+4
18/27 hp
Surges per day/hp healed: 9 of 11/7
1 AP

Radiant Smite(encounter): used
Dragon's breath(encounter): used
Lay on hands(1/day): Used
Channel Divinity(encounter): used
Paladin's Judgement(daily): used[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads