[4e] Etene - IC Thread

industrygothica

Adventurer
Pinnak get's a round of ale for Baern and a water for himself and sits down across the table. Regarding Lazem he says. "Sad story really. That guy used to be champion of the arena in town. Then they plucked him for the peacekeepers guild and he rose through the ranks there eventually becoming the guildmaster... after the collapse of the guilds though..." he trails off.

"'Twas it that happened to the guilds?" Baern asks simple enough. He takes a heavy swig of the ale and wipes his beard with the back of his hand. "Got sumptin' to do with them blasted portals, I reckon?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The druid nods to the dwarf "That portals are a headache ain't them? Random monsters came from the portal me and my friend got into. We hoped to find a lair full of evil creatures, but we ended here."

Lineov

First Post
"Big scandal really... was about... wow... been 4 years already since the collapse of the guild system. One of the guild masters for some reason, I don't remember too much behind it, betrayed the others... there were 12 guilds at the time...and they pretty much ran things. If a riot needed to be put down it was the Peacekeepers job, an event needed recording, people would ask the Muses Guild, spiritual needs were met by the Vijar, and justice was handled by the Representatives. It was the Representative Guild Chair that betrayed and killed some of the others. Nobody trusted anyone after that for quite some time and the guild system simply... collapsed." A heavy dejected sigh interrupted Pinnak's explanation. "I have a friend who was a former Representative, he's trying to restore things almost singlehandedly. But he's having a difficult time getting people to talk to one another."

"The portals appeared at the height of the scandal, and personally, I think they were the breeze that tore the flag. People became panicky and scared. Now... well we've all moved on a little bit but I don't think things will ever be the same again."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cyrus Du'Caine, Half-elven Bard

Once the golaith was settled in, Cyrus came back down into the tavern and took a spot near the fire. He noticed that several of the peopl he came in with were in a conversation with the bartender and the half-elf didn't want to intrude on them. Instead, the bard loosened his instrument and began to play, softly, a gentle but lively melody to get everything started.

Lineov

First Post
"Aye, he is. Captain Rothir Fireforge. He was with me on my last adventure. Good times." Pinnak pulls out a twig from his shirt and points it at the ceiling, a soft lone light begins to shine down on the bard who is playing setting the mood. "Continue my friend..." he says enjoying the music.
OOC: If and when you're ready to move onto the next morning, let me know.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cyrus Du'Caine, Half-elven Bard

Cyrus nodded his thanks to the bar keep and continued to play, earning his keep for the evening if he could. The half-elf enjoyed people watching, and playing in a tavern allowed for a great deal of people watching. He looked for any subtle clues as to the dynamics of the people here, then he looked to find some reasonably pretty girl or woman in the crowd to charm - provided she was unattached.

Otherwise, it was a normal working evening, and Cyrus wrapped up with the barkeep gave the sign and helped usher the stragglers out of the bar. Then he crashed for the night, satisfied he had done his part.

OOC: ready for next day . . . groggily :)

Remove ads