• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e for couples, OMG your GF rolled a char ?!

MatrexsVigil

First Post
I love seeing "My GF is actually interested!" or "My wife made a character!" It's the opposite for me--I'd be posting "My fiance actually made his first character and is interested!" Heh.

He actually isn't all that into RPGs. He likes the social aspect of it but once you're throwing numbers around and keeping track of things...he gets kinda unfocused. He likes FPS better. However, he said he'd run a solo game for me at some point. I don't see how he'll manage, but I'll love whatever game he runs. =)

-P.C.

Festivus

First Post
Lizard said:
Why is this so weird? Who dates non-gamers?

I am married to a non-gamer. The only RPG she would be remotely interested in would be the Buffy RPG... and even then only when hell froze over.

I'll still leave the book out for her to peruse.

Khairn

First Post
My wife and I have gamed a solo campaign for years now. The best advise I can give is never ... and I mean never ... let her character die.

You may laugh, but I mean it.

It took me years to get my HP's (Husband Points) back up to a manageable level.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Lizard said:
Why is this so weird? Who dates non-gamers?

My wife doesn't game at all. She thinks its "geeky".

This makes me laugh since she likes anime (she is Japanese) and her band performs covers of anime songs at live events including several concerts at anime conventions. :)

gonesailing

First Post
Dragonblade said:
My wife doesn't game at all. She thinks its "geeky".

This makes me laugh since she likes anime (she is Japanese) and her band performs covers of anime songs at live events including several concerts at anime conventions. :)

Wow...anime....not geeky at all. And Anime conventions...so mainstream.

My wife is no gamer and not plugged into the American Mainstream geek culture at all, but she is a born geek.

Her mother and grandmother were circus folk.
She never watched an episode of Star Trek in her life until age 27, with me. Now she loves it and can do impressions of William Shatner that get me rolling on the floor. One of her favorite series of books translates to "Three from the Forest" and consists of main characters that would be described as Fighter, Wizard, Bard.

Is there a support group for people like us???

Phasics

First Post
Way to derail my own thread hehehe.

The focus was more tips for doing it, not so much the fact the GF is into it LOL, but interesting thread none the less.

and tips appreacited

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Phasics, does your girlfriend see here character with boobs?

Now don't take that the wrong way. My girlfriend would refuse to play a a character that was not HOT. All her characters have charisma as a main stat or secondary stat. So if she ever plays a dragon born, It would certainly have boobs.... I hope this doesn't derail the derailed thread.

My GF is DMing a 4e game soon, but she has told me her first character would be a charisma based warlord, possibly human. think heroic knight or champaign.

ps, she is looking forward to not being the only girl in the group, so if their is any girls that want to game with us that live in LA around Culver city drop me an email (see sig)

Daelkyr

First Post
My wife (then good friend) actually got me into D&D. She asked me if I'd be willing to play in a game her twin sister was DMing. My response was: "I don't have the clothes for satanism." :)

Remove ads