• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e for couples, OMG your GF rolled a char ?!

Ruslanchik

First Post
Festivus said:
I am married to a non-gamer. The only RPG she would be remotely interested in would be the Buffy RPG... and even then only when hell froze over.

I'll still leave the book out for her to peruse.

Your wife and mine should get together. Sounds like they would get along.

Sylrae

First Post
My gf actually sees my liking gaming as my worst quality. well, that and the things she associates with it. Comics, Cartoons, and Anime. She finds it offputting that I have these interests because she thinks theyre interests for children, not adults. And she doesn't like that I'm not very organized.

But she's cool with the fact that I'm going to university for compsci specializing in game design, and that I want to either make videogames, movies, or comic books for a living when I'm finished. She actually likes it and my creativeness.

meanwhile she wants to play LARP games, and is convinced they're more mature. :p

I've yet to find a single woman into gaming that I was interested in, but I've only met one of them that was single, and she was like 30 something, which is a bit old for me (20).

Women don't usually know about my gamer-ness till after we've been in a relationship for a while. Usually they see the clothing style, music taste, and general mosh-pitty-ness and the fact that I go to university and am not failing. oh well. :p

Last edited:

VoidAdept

First Post
I'm getting ready to start this weekend. My wife's halfway through making an Elf Ranger, and my 14 year old son's made a Dragonborn Fighter.

Hopefully I can get my 6 year old playing before 5th edition comes out. :)

Seanusan

First Post
Here are some suggestions, I have been running a campaign for my wife and best friend and we've made it through 3 sessions so far.

I would let her solo for the first level or so. Just make encounters that are 1 trap, 1 monster, or 4 minions and let her have a rest inbetween. There was another thread where a man ran his daughter through a small dungeon with kobolds to rescue a kidnapped child, it was easy, broken up nicely and seemed to work, and I ended up basing my first adventure on it.

At level 2 or 3 see if she would be willing to get someone else in, or just give her an additional PC to play as you suggested. That way she has some experience with her own character before having to learn more powers from a different character. Just with the monsters in the MM you can make some fun and diverse encounters.

Also, My wife LOVED picking out her own miniature (Will be hard for a dragonborn). And she even ended up painting it this weekend, and she did a damn good job. It's easier than it seems to be once you get the ball rolling.

Good luck and have fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads