[4e] Nevermore Campaign Setting Discussion/FAQ

jaldaen

First Post
Here's a question I got via PM (I replied via PM, but thought it might be good to post my response here):

I just saw that Nevermore was released in PDF at RPGnow.com. Am I correct when assuming that you are the author? If so, maybe you could shed some light on chapter 8, the aspects of Nevermore.

Think of aspects as paragon paths you can choose at 1st level. A second one can be taken when you reach 11th level as a paragon path. Many of the aspects have physical and spiritual counterparts (so that you can take both aspects one at 1st and another at 11th level). The physical aspects change your physical appearence and attacks, while spiritual aspects focus on mental abilities and attacks.

jaldaen

First Post
Thanks, but I stopped reviewing D&D books a couple of months ago.

Although you don't do reviews anymore, I'd love to hear your general thoughts about the book if you have the time and inclination to do so. I really do enjoy seeing what people think of my work and sometimes reader's comments can give me great ideas on how to improve my writing for the next project.

jaldaen

First Post
Hello All,

There is now a demo of the Nevermore campaign setting at YourGamesNow. Feel free to take a look and then ask me any follow-up questions that you might have. ;)

Good Gaming,
Joseph

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Nice to see this is getting the 4E treatment. I've enjoyed the setting under True20. I'm wondering though, how much is new content and how much fluff was carried over from the previous pdfs?

jaldaen

First Post
Nice to see this is getting the 4E treatment. I've enjoyed the setting under True20. I'm wondering though, how much is new content and how much fluff was carried over from the previous pdfs?

I'm glad you've been enjoying the True20 version of the setting...

I'd say that 95% of the flavor text has remained the same, while about 99% of the rules have changed. For example, True20 has conviction points, whereas I use dreaming surges for 4e. Aspects have changed from being additional powers to paragon paths that can be choosen at 1st level. I tried to translate all of the mechanics in such a way that they remained true to my vision of the setting and within the bounds of the GSL. I must admit that the process of converting this book gave me an appreciation for how much easier it is to design for 4th edition vs. previous editions/d20 systems. Not that everything works exactly how I wanted it (since the GSL forces you to write "add-on" rules rather than changing existing rules), but I like how the new rules turned out... especially the new dreamlord rules. I can't wait to hear about players creating dreamlords ;)

Good Gaming,
Joseph

PS: If you don't mind me asking, how have you been using Nevermore? I really do like to hear what people have been doing with this setting. ;)

Remove ads