[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

covaithe

Explorer
Sorry, I hadn't realized it was my turn. That's the second game this week I've had to be nudged on. Must pay better attention...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Someone else is going to need to do torment, but he needs to heal himself first.

dropping 2 dailies, an AP and an at will this round. I would have spread it out, but the shambler in range effectively has regen 20.

Victim

First Post
Okay, now we're back to the bottom/top people

My planned action for Torment was to Mark the stormrage via the Knight Commander utility, use Slash and Press to push it back, and then move away. That way it'd have to eat the -2 attack or provoke while it chases after him.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm finding it very strange that the people who are swallowed by the shamblers can't attack that shambler on their turn. Surely cutting your way out of the belly of (insert monster here) is a time-honored D&D tradition? Can somebody point me to the reasoning for the ruling that they can't attack?

Victim

First Post
I'm finding it very strange that the people who are swallowed by the shamblers can't attack that shambler on their turn. Surely cutting your way out of the belly of (insert monster here) is a time-honored D&D tradition? Can somebody point me to the reasoning for the ruling that they can't attack?

It doesn't exactly use the grab based mechanic that other swallowing attacks do.

And mostly this: " While the target is restrained,
no creature has line of sight or line of effect to it"

If we were interpreting line of effect restriction to allow attacks out, then I don't see any reason why attacks would only have to be against the Shambler. And riding around immune to all other attacks at the expense of 10 points a round and a -2 penalty to attacks seems a little cheap - I mean, 10 points a round isn't really that bad compared to monsters beating on you, right?. It doesn't seem like should be an advantage to be hit by the attack.

covaithe

Explorer
No one has line of sight or effect to the restrained person, but it's not clear that the reverse is true. The shambler doesn't have line of effect to what it engulfed because its own body is in the way. What's in the way preventing the engulfed player from having line of effect to the shambler's body? Likewise for line of sight.

covaithe

Explorer
I should clarify that of course I'm not suggesting the engulfed person can attack anyone besides the shambler that they're inside. I think the line of effect and line of sight rules pretty clearly prevent that.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I think it's because there isn't any special rules regarding using only light weapons, and it would be awfully comical that someone could swing a greatsword while being engulfed/entagled inside a mass of vines and leaves.

Remove ads