D&D 4E 4e Playtest Characters

ainatan said:
Which also tell us that AC and Reflex, if not all defenses, will have the same level progression.

Well, this we know from the R&C book, but the touch attack hitting reflex saves also tells me that frequently AC is going to be higher, so I assume that reflex saves benefit from fewer equipment bonuses.

Regarding the Second Wind frequency:

In SWSE, Second Wind is once per day except where some abilities and talents give you more than one Second Wind a day in which case you can still only use the ability once per encounter.

More slightly upsetting mathematical errors fixed.

In other news, the Playtest is set for this Tuesday, so we'll see how it goes. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted.

(edit: Also, I cross posted this at the WotC boards the same time I posted the original here. 50+ replies on E.N. World vs 1 reply on the WotC boards. One can certainly see where the more involved people hang out. :p)

-TRRW

Last edited:

Sadrik

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
Are those supposed to be the numbers at 1st level or 6th level or somewhere in between?

Well, thinking about it more, the spine devil's rains of spines could theoretically be an ability that gives it +2 to hit, similar to if someone does a smite ability it might give a +x to hit and +x to damage. So if that were the case then, the spine devil could have a flat +2 to hit bonus. Much simpler and all under the hood.

Also my best guess is that a fighter character might get +2 BAB while heroic +4 while paragon and +6 while epic. Cleric and rogue would be +1/2/3 and wizard would be +0/0/0.

Sadrik said:
Well, thinking about it more, the spine devil's rains of spines could theoretically be an ability that gives it +2 to hit, similar to if someone does a smite ability it might give a +x to hit and +x to damage. So if that were the case then, the spine devil could have a flat +2 to hit bonus. Much simpler and all under the hood.

Also my best guess is that a fighter character might get +2 BAB while heroic +4 while paragon and +6 while epic. Cleric and rogue would be +1/2/3 and wizard would be +0/0/0.

Interesting theory, to say the least. We'll have to play around with the idea a bit.

-TRRW

Turtlejay

First Post
Yeah. . .this atrocious spammer's persistent Necromancy at least gives me something to do at work on Thanksgiving, but I don't know if I can forgive him for getting my hopes up when I logged in and saw all the shiny new posts! Oh wait, spam. . .jerk.

Jay

Remove ads