4e Power Cards on the cheap

The Little Raven

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I found that describing Second Wind as an encounter power made sense for all my players. I also described Healing Word as an encounter power that the cleric got twice, which also made sense for him.

Yeah, this is a brilliant way to do it. Just like they wrote up the melee/ranged basic attacks in the same format as powers, I think a lot of actions would benefit from that (charge, bull rush, grab, etc) format, especially when put on an at-will power card. I had a couple of hand-scrawled cards made up for the D&D game the other night, and having a reminder of non-class-power actions really helped people use all the options.

Kesh

First Post
Tallarn said:
Thank the brilliant italians that created it in the first place. :)

I'm just trying to persuade my players to take notice of it so that I can make sure next gaming session they all have the cards handy for when the fight kicks off.
I can't get the site to actually produce a PDF for me for some reason. Hrm.

SnakeNuts

Explorer
Kesh said:
I can't get the site to actually produce a PDF for me for some reason. Hrm.
I had to allow scripts on that page (or site) just to get it working. Maybe you want to check if you have any plug-ins that prevent scripts from working.

I also have a problem myself that I can only get 2 PDFs before I have to re-load the page.

Afrodyte

Explorer
Because I'm lazy and a cheapskate, I'm going for a bare-bones approach.

I'm buying a set of ruled 3x5" index cards. For each power (including basic attacks), I'm labeling them with a colored marker: a green "W" (at-will, including basic attacks and class and features), a red "E" (encounter, including class and racial features), or a blue "D" (daily powers). Utility powers will be labeled according to how often you can use them. I may use a black "S" to name basic stats (class, level, attributes, skills). Also, I'm writing stuff in pencil because I don't want to retype cards and use more ink.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
For players who have a really hard time understanding actions per round, you could make a placemat with boxes of increasing size for minor, move, and standard actions. It'd be like training wheels! (FWIW, I've actually seriously considered doing this for my 3.5 game... some of my players just don't understand actions.)

sunspot

Explorer
Printing of Power Cards!

Tremendous News!

Inspired by popular demand I’ve decided to take my community service one step further.

Having access to a professional cardstock printer I’ve decided to print complete decks of power cards on glossy card stock and mail them to everyone interested!

Yes, you heard me!
I will be printing and mailing complete decks of Power Cards!

Learn more Here !

(This is a non-profit venture; the minimal costs serve to cover ink/cardstock & shipping)

Ginnel

Explorer
sunspot said:
Tremendous News!

Inspired by popular demand I’ve decided to take my community service one step further.

Having access to a professional cardstock printer I’ve decided to print complete decks of power cards on glossy card stock and mail them to everyone interested!

Yes, you heard me!

Learn more Here !

(This is a non-profit venture; the minimal costs serve to cover ink/cardstock & shipping)

Danger will robinson, danger!!

Check out the GSL (Game system licence) or whatever it is first not sure if it impacts on non-profit but I'm pretty sure it will.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/welcome

thats a link

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
sunspot said:
Tremendous News!

Yes, you heard me!

Learn more Here !

That is very kind of you to offer, but I'm pretty sure that it would be considered illegal distribution of their material, so it's a no-can-do here.

Regards

Wik

First Post
Yeah. Sounds good, but that'd be a no. Though, by my quick reading of the GSL, you COULD do it after October 1st... I think. I need to re-read the GSL.

I really like that Italian site. I'm using it for my players, I think.

Old Gumphrey

First Post
Wow, those are pricey. I understand that it's private distribution but that's a $120 investment. It's also incomplete: they look great but for that much money (for me) it'd have to include paragon and epic, plus all racial and feat powers, plus blank cards.

But hey, it's not allowed anyway, right? ;)

Remove ads