[4e] The Wolfcrown, Chapter 1

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Well, weren't what I was expectin', but..." Baern cuts himself off as he reaches in and pulls the gen out by its chain. He lets it dangle in the air in front of him so that everyone can see it. "'Tis a fine piece, nonetheless."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Now that has the look of a phlylactery!" Torath exclaims and then looks about in confusion.

"I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from I just thought..." he looks a little worried as if he doesn't quite understand what is going on inside him. First the strange feeling coming from somewhere and now this outburst. "I am sorry. I feel strange in here maybe I need some air."

Torath starts towards the door.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn watches Torath stagger out, then looks at the others, arms folded skeptically.

"I don't see how any of this helps us," she complains mildly. "There's been plenty of time since he died for his body to reform, if that was really a phylactery. More likely he planned to make it one, once he had time and funds."

She starts lookng over the desk and room for anything else that might be relevant to the investigation.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Maybe yer right, Thorn," Baern says. "But maybe we should take it to the gnome anyway, an' see what she's gotta say about it. 'Less you can think o' someone else that'll be better?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Waiting outside in th efresh air for the others to finish Torath wonders what all this is truly about.

Is this all a game to Munsu and peoples lives truly hold no meaning? Or is this a test in Torath's faith in The Four? But how does Thomas and this new discovery play in this?

Instead of finding answers to their questions, Torath believes the group has only stumbled into more questions and fewer answers.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn considers, then nods. "The gnome is the best choice. The people I know might give us a value for the gem, but working out strange magicks isn't my specialty, nor that of anyone I've bothered to meet so far."

You find Libra Kell at the Fancy Drake, sipping an exotic ale from a bottle. Her black eyes twinkle as the daylight streams in from the slatted windows.

When you present her with the object, she turns it over in her hand, studying its intricacies. She waves her hand in front of it, her fingertips glowing electric blue as she attempts to discern the nature of the necklace.

She looks puzzled.

Libra places the gem on the bar and withdraws a handful of dust from a pouch in her pocket. She sprinkles the dust in a circle around it as she appears to prepare a ritual.

"Ye're gonna have to clean that up, Libra," mutters the dwarf behind the counter.

She shushes him absentmindedly and peers at the gem. Her eyes seem vacant.

After several minutes of this, she looks up at you.

"It's not magical. It's a pretty thing, but hardly unique. Was this what you found in your friend's house?"

Shayuri

First Post
"One of them," Thorn confirms. "It was protected...we thought it might be important. There were some other things we found too though."

"Protected..."

Libra muses on the word as she hands the necklace back.

"It's probably worth a pretty penny. You should make sure it doesn't get stolen. Did you find anything out about the phylactery? Captain Scultone said you had some leads."

Remove ads