4th lvl. smackdown?

bitbug

First Post
XCorvis said:

Damage: 1d8 + 6 (+4 str, +2 Spec) x3 for charging, or 3d8+18.

Don't forget to power attack if you're human.
Actually, don't power attack at all. The optimal power attack strategy for a single attack is

pa = (21 - tn - dmg)/2, where

tn = natural number needed to hit
dmg = average damage on the attack
pa = points of power attack to use. If x.5, rounding up or down makes no real difference.

Since you are doing minimum 21 damage, using power attack reduces your average damage, unless tn < 2, in which case you should use enough power attack to bring tn to 2.

FANGO

First Post
There seems to still be some confusion over the difference between Iaijutsu Focus and Iaijutsu Master. Iaijutsu Focus is a skill in OA that anyone can take in order to add extra damage to an attack, if specific circumstances are met. Iaijutsu Master is a prestige class in OA that takes the Iaijutsu Focus skill to it's next level...much as a shadowdancer takes hide to it's next level, I suppose. Things that Iaijutsu Focus is not : it doesn't add chr to damage, it doesn't require a katana, it doesn't happen when the person simply loses their dex, etc. etc. etc. All this stuff that people keep mistaking for Iaijutsu Focus are aspects of the Iaijutsu Master prestige class...katana proficiency (or focus? I forget) is a prereq, and they get to add chr to bonus damage dice, and so on and so forth.

Basically, the prc and the skill are two entirely different things...and I would have mentioned the katana and chr damage and such in my first post if they had been overlooked, but those are aspects of the prc and not of the skill. Trust me, I know the iaijutsu focus/master stuff pretty well ;-)

Remove ads