D&D 5E 5-Part Forgotten Realms Adventure Coming Next Week

From Polygon comes a report that WotC is releasing for download an anthology of five adventures for character levels 8-10 on June 29th to celebrate the Magic the Gathering: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms card set. Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, a Dungeons & Dragons-themed set of cards for Magic: The Gathering, is introducing something special — and free — for fans of D&D. A...

From Polygon comes a report that WotC is releasing for download an anthology of five adventures for character levels 8-10 on June 29th to celebrate the Magic the Gathering: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms card set.

9F812FB7-B36B-46D9-88FD-258BD52AC8DC.jpeg

Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, a Dungeons & Dragons-themed set of cards for Magic: The Gathering, is introducing something special — and free — for fans of D&D. A substantial role-playing adventure will be made available for download starting around June 29. Wizards made the announcement earlier this month during a private press event.

In the past, new sets of Magic cards have been heralded by some excellent digital fiction — lengthy and well-written short stories that set the mood for the coming cards. This time around, publisher Wizards of the Coast is taking a different tack. Instead of short stories, it’s releasing a module for characters level eight through 10. Meris Mullaley, world-building and narrative design manager at Wizards, said that there would be five adventures. Each will run between 15 and 20 pages in total.
That's a pretty interesting level range -- presumably to make traveling the planes at some point in the adventure easier. And at a total of between 75 and 100 pages, it's a pretty significant work.

Dr. Bull

Adventurer
I am guessing that it might be a revision/adaptation of the classic AD&D "D" series (Descent into the Depths of the Earth).

It would be a great addition to the other 5e adaptations. It also follows the previous publication of "Against the Giants" found in "Tales from the Yawning Portal". Also, the order of the modules (G 1-3, followed by D 1-3) ended with Q1, the first planes-walker adventure. Coincidence?

If my guess is correct, I just hope they include some of the original artwork!

1624559678330.png

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
I am guessing that it might be a revision/adaptation of the classic AD&D "D" series (Descent into the Depths of the Earth).

That would be a great addition to the other 5e adaptations! It also follows the previous publication of "Against the Giants" found in "Tales from the Yawning Portal"... If my guess is correct, I just hope they include some of the original artwork!

View attachment 138744
As much as I would love for that to happen, I'd rather have Goodman Games handle the D-Series of modules.

Man now I want the new Drow Subraces/Lineages to be involved in this release on the 29th.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

That would be a great addition to the other 5e adaptations! It also follows the previous publication of "Against the Giants" found in "Tales from the Yawning Portal"... If my guess is correct, I just hope they include some of the original artwork!
At this point, there's been way more drow stuff created for the Forgotten Realms than any other setting. I don't know that they'd want to shoehorn D1-3 into the Forgotten Realms, when they already have so much other stuff in there already.

And I agree that I'd rather see Goodman do it, as they'd get nice and 1E-style weird with it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A D&D tie-in adventure for a Magic tie-in set for D&D?

There seems something to got tangled up.
In the press release, Brad Rasmussen (the Magic PR guy) goes out if his way to say that currently this Set is not tied to Magic story, but WotC reserves the right to change their mind in the future. So, expect these streams to cross more and more if there is money in it.

Remove ads

Remove ads