D&D 5E [5E - 3.5 Feel] Clorlock (Life - Divine Soul - Hexblade) Uth 'The Three Quarterling'

Glibowick

Villager
Hello, (Level by Level Guide Starting At Level 3)

At level 8, Uth is a level 1 Life Cleric, a level 6 Divine Soul Sorcerer, and a Level 1 Hexblade Warlock.
This flexible build has Good AC, it can add Temp HP, raise Max HP, Buff, Heal, do High Damage, and Influence Social Situations.
+ Brew Potions of Healing, Anti-Toxin, Alchemist's Fire, Acid, and Oil.

This build has the feel of a 3.5 Sorcerer where the class has lower level spells than the wizard but can do more of them.
This comes in the form of extra Cantrips, Cleric Domain/Prepared/Ritual spells, converting Sorcery Points into spell slots, Twin-Spell, and the Pact Magic spells(Regained During Short Rests.)

To understand my decisions you should first understand how the Sorcerer class works, specifically Meta-Magic and Sorcery Points. You must also know how the Spell Casting and Pact Magic class features work and more importantly how they do not work together. Lastly you should know how Ritual Casting works. I will get into why I chose a two class dip and why it is a good idea to take the warlock level and I will also give an argument as to why you should not take the warlock level. It all really depends on your group dynamic and how you want to play the game.

When I was first creating this character my group size was 6; I was thinking of helping our cleric with heals and buffs while still being able to cast offensive and social spells. We were starting at level 3 which influenced my early decisions.

We were allowed to use multiple books for our characters. So this build might not be Adventure League legal, just a FYI.

Also this build utilizes feats so if your DM does not allow feats this might not be the build for you.

My Character's name is Uth and he is an abnormally tall and stout Halfling. Uth gained both his divine and arcane sources of magic from his Dragonmark from the noble Halfling House Jorasco.

I did the point buy system and made
Strength: (8) (-1)
Dexterity: (14) (+2) (AC boost, Dex Saves, and Initiative)
Constitution: (14) (+2) (HP boost, Con Saves)
Intelligence: (9) (-1)
Wisdom: (13) (+1) (Needed for Cleric Multi-Class)
Charisma: (14) (+2) (Sorcerer Spells)

For my race I chose:

Custom Lineage
Ability Scores:
Choose any +2 (I chose Charisma) so Charisma: 14 + 2 = (16) (+3)
Instead of choosing one of the game's races for your character at 1st level,
you can use the following traits to represent your character's lineage,
giving you full control over how your character's origin shaped them:

Creature Type.
You are a humanoid. You determine your appearance and whether you resemble any of your kin.

Size.
You are Small or Medium (your choice). I chose medium for the movement speed, but I am a Halfling,
so I am abnormally tall and stout, picture and older looking young human. I am called the 'Three Quarterling' in my group. :ROFLMAO:

Feat.
You gain one feat of your choice for which you qualify.
For this I chose Inspiring leader:
You can spend 10 minutes inspiring your companions, shoring up their resolve to fight.
When you do so, choose up to six friendly creatures (which can include yourself) within
30 feet of you who can see or hear you and who can understand you. Each creature can
gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Charisma modifier. A creature can't
gain temporary hit points from this feat again until it has finished a short or long rest.

Remember I am in a party of 6 people and since I am going mainly sorcerer my charisma is high.

Starting out at 3rd level this gives my group: 3+3=6 per party member, so: x6 = 36 extra hit points for the group.
Currently at level 8 it does 8+3=11 x6 = 66 extra hit points.
Also one member of my party is a bear totem barbarian so his resistance pairs nicely.

Even in a party of 4 this helps a lot.

Starting out at 3rd level this gives a group of 4: 3+3=6 per party member, so: x4 = 24 extra hit points for the group.
Currently at level 8 it would do 8+3=11 x4 = 44 extra hit points.

At a higher level I will combine Inspiring Leader with the spell:

Aid: Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range.
Each target's hit point maximum and current hit points increase by 5 for the duration. At Higher Levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target's hit points increase by an
additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.

That is a good cushion for the beginning of a battle.

Variable Trait.
You gain one of the following options of your choice: (a) Darkvision with a range of 60 feet or (b) Proficiency in one skill of your choice.
For this I chose: (b) Because Halflings do not have Darkvision and I can't justify my character gaining it.

The skill I chose was: Medicine (Instead of Spare the Dying)

Languages.
You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for your character.
This of course is Halfling.

I chose this "race" for the feat and I wanted to be a Halfling to go with my background,
which is:

House Agent
Skill Proficiency:
Investigation, Persuasion (two great skills)
Tool Proficiency: Two proficiencies from the House Tool proficiencies table
Equipment A set of fine clothes, house signet ring, identification papers, and a purse containing 20 gp.
House Tool Proficiencies:
Jorasco: Alchemist's Supplies
and Herbalism Kit. (best tools in the game for a healer)

I chose Jorasco from a list of house names. I wanted proficiency in the Alchemist Supplies and the Herbalism Kit for the ability to make Healing Potions, Anti-Toxin, Alchemist Fire, Oil and Acid.

House Jorasco is a Halfling Dragonmarked house throughout Khorvaire, although their house enclave is located in Karrnath,
the mark originated among the nomadic tribes on the Talenta Plains.

The Healers Guild is the premiere service of House Jorasco. They provide both mundane and magical healing for those who can afford it at their hospitals and healing enclaves throughout Khorvaire. Members of the guild include herbalists, alchemists, physicians, as well as some clerics and adepts to the Sovereign Host and Silver Flame. Few seek healing from the church (even if they are willing to pay) and only the most devout or well respected within a religion will usually receive healing.

Now my character has history and all my chooses make sense.

For my first 2 levels I choose Divine Soul Sorcerer.
I chose sorcerer for my first level because of the Con Save - Important - Concentration
I am taking the average for health so the build can be copied.
Hp: 1st-lvl-(6+2=8) 2nd-lvl-(8+4+2=14)
HP: 14)

Proficiencies:​

Armor: none​

Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaff, light crossbows
Tools: none
Saving Throws: Constitution(Super Important,) Charisma
Skills: Choose 2 from Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, and Religion.

I choose: Deception, Insight

Skills: Medicine, Investigation, Persuasion, Deception and Insight

As a second level sorcerer I get: Spellcasting, Sorcerer Origin and Font of Magic.
These are the basic features of the class.

Before I go into the spell casting portion I am going to go into the Divine Soul origin feature:

Divine Soul:
Sometimes the spark of magic that fuels a sorcerer comes from a divine source that glimmers within the soul.
Having such a blessed soul is a sign that your innate magic might come from a distant but powerful familial
connection to a divine being. Perhaps your ancestor was an angel, transformed into a mortal and sent to fight
in a god's name. (Flavor: This is given to Uth from his Dragonmark)

Divine Magic - Important
Your link to the divine allows you to learn spells from the cleric class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you
learn or replace a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from
the cleric spell list or the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell,
and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.

In addition, choose an affinity for the source of your divine power: good, evil, law, chaos, or neutrality.
You learn an additional spell based on that affinity, as shown below. It is a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn't
count against your number of sorcerer spells known. If you later replace this spell, you must replace it with a
spell from the cleric spell list.
(I will do this and change Protection from evil and good to Healing Word)

I choose Neutrality gaining the Spell: Protection from evil and good

Favored by the Gods - Awesome for Con Saves
Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destiny. If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll,
you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you can't use it
again until you finish a short or long rest.

Also as a Divine Soul you get the cleric spell list for your sorcerer spells! (Important)

Spell casting

An event in your past, or in the life of a parent or ancestor, left an indelible mark on you,
infusing you with arcane magic. This font of magic, whatever its origin, fuels your spells.
(Flavor: This is also from my Dragonmark from my background)

Cantrips: (4)
Light (I want to see) - Sorcerer
Mage Hand (I want to be able to manipulate objects from a distance) - Sorcerer
Message (I want to be able to communicate from a distance) - Sorcerer
Mending (I want to be able to fix small broken items) - Sorcerer

Don't worry my damage cantrip is coming from my cleric and then my warlock

Spells Known: 3
Spell Slots: (3)+(1 From Divine Magic) 1st-lvl
Magic Missile (When I attack I want to hit) - Sorcerer
Shield (I do not want to get hit) - Sorcerer
Command (I want to affect a creature for my benefit(Subtle Spell)) - Sorcerer

As a Sorcerer I get to change 1 spell when I level, so I am changing Divne Soul Sorcerer spell: Protection from evil and good,
into: Healing word (I want to add my Charisma bonus to this spell) - Sorcerer

Why no Mage Armor?
I won't need it.

(This next part is important to understand the mechanics)
Font of Magic: At 2nd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself.
This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects.

Sorcery Points: 2 (Very Important mechanic)
Flexible Casting - Important
You can use your sorcery points to gain additional spell slots, or sacrifice spell slots
to gain additional sorcery points. You learn other ways to use your sorcery points
as you reach higher levels.

Creating Spell Slots. - Important
You can transform un-expended sorcery points into one spell slot as a bonus
action on your turn. The created spell slots vanish at the end of a long rest.
The Creating Spell Slots table shows the cost of creating a spell slot of a given level.
You can create spell slots no higher in level than 5th.

Creating Spell Slots
1st - 2
2nd - 3
3rd - 5
4th - 6
5th - 7
Converting a Spell Slot to Sorcery Points - Important
As a bonus action on your turn, you can expend one spell slot and gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level.

Sorcery Points are important for Meta-Magic features. which wont happen for this character until level 4
Because:
Level 3 Life Cleric Class Dip
HP: 14 + 5 + 2 = 21
I will go over the pros and cons to this and given my opinion as to why I ultimately choose to take this class dip.

First the Requirements for cleric:
Wisdom 13 ✔️
Next the proficiencies: Light armor, Medium armor, Shields - No need for Mage Armor anymore.

Spell casting (Considered full caster in terms of multi-classing)
As a conduit for divine power, you can cast cleric spells.

Ritual Casting (Important for the 2 spells I normally have prepared)

You can cast a cleric spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.
Divine Domain (Life)
Choose one domain related to your deity from the list of available domains.

Life Domain Spells (Bless, Cure wounds)
Each domain has a list of spells—its domain spells—that you gain at the cleric levels noted in the
domain description.

Bonus Proficiency
When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor.
(Uth is not strong enough but medium armor is perfect because of that +2 Dex)
At least I can get the choose in case I get some crazy item or spell effect.

Disciple of Life (The reason I choose to dip)
Also starting at 1st level, your healing spells are more effective. Whenever you use a spell of 1st level
or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level.

Healing word now does: 1d4+ 3(Charisma mod) + 3 (Disciple of life (2+spell level)) = 1d4+3+3 or a min of 7 and a max of 10.
Not bad at 30 feet.

Cantrips: (3)
Resistance (I want my group to succeed their saves) - Cleric
Guidance (I want my group to succeed their ability checks) - Cleric
Toll of the Dead (My damage spell. Good Damage(scales)) - Cleric

Spells Known: (From the Life Cleric)
All level 1 cleric spells
Bless and Cure wounds are always prepared as my domain spells and I can choose 2 more spells which are usually:
Detect Magic (I want to know if there is magic, it is also a Ritual I can cast it without using a spell slot)
Detect Poison and Disease (I want to know if there is poison or disease, it is also a Ritual I can cast it without using a spell slot)

Current spells From both classes:
Cantrips:

Light (I want to see)
Toll of the Dead (Save, Good Damage(Scales)) - Cleric

Why not Spare the Dying? You'll see.

1st level: (Ability to change out 2 of the first level prepared cleric spells is nice!)
Bless (I want my group to succeed) - Cleric - Domain
Cure Wounds (Heals!) - Cleric - Domain
Detect Magic (Is there magic? Ritual) - Cleric - Prepared
Detect Poison and Disease (Is it poisoned or diseased? Ritual) - Cleric - Prepared
Healing word (Bonus Action) (I want to add my charisma bonus to this spell) - Sorcerer
Magic Missile (When I attack I want to hit) - Sorcerer
Command (I want to affect a creature for my benefit(Subtle Spell)) - Sorcerer

Pretty nice size spell list for low levels.

For my gear I am not going into all my item choices.

Ya I am a sorcerer wearing armor and I have a shield. No I will not take Warcaster at level 5

Weapons:
crystal (To Cast) Holy symbol (To Cast) Component Pouch (In case I lose my crystal and to store other Components,) and a dagger (Flanking.)

Armor:
Scale Mail 14 + Dex (max of 2) - No need for Mage Armor anymore - However I am not the stealthy. (not the scout)
Shield +2 AC (Donning and Doffing a Shield is 1 Action) - If I am walking around and I expect to be attacked shield out and boom +2..... I want to attack? drop the shield.

Current AC 16 or 18 - with the Shield Spell - 21 or 23
Who's the tank now? (Not me because of spell slot management but it is harder to hit me)

Currently at level 8 I am wearing Breast plate so my Ac is the same but it is lighter and I do not have disadvantage on stealth checks.

At level three my character is looking alright.
I can give out temp hp, do some healing, do some buffing, do some damage and I can protect my self.

Item:
I grabbed some Healing Kits (Don't need Spare the Dying anymore)
+ I have the Medicine Skill

Pros: Medium Armor, Shield, Full Caster (multi-classing,) More spells, Better Healing, Ritual Casting.
Cons: 1 level behind on sorcerer. no Meta-magic yet. Also, I am behind on getting my ability score improvement or Feat.

Next level is Sorcerer total 3 Sorcerer and 1 cleric
HP: 21 + 4 + 2 = 27

This is because you get that all important Meta-Magic and you get 2 of them.
These chooses are per sorcerer and are based on how the person plays.
I chose:

Twin-Spell (I plan on doing a lot of buffing and healing)
Subtle-Spell (Harder to counter me, stealthy casting in social situations, and I can cast while holding my shield!)

Sorcery Points: 3
Spell Changes:
As a sorcerer I get 1 more spell but I also get to change 1 spell
so I am changing the spell Magic Missile into one of these and then taking the other.

Mirror Image: Three illusory duplicates of yourself appear in your space. Until the spell ends, the duplicates
move with you and mimic your actions, shifting position so it's impossible to track which image
is real. You can use your action to dismiss the illusory duplicates. (even harder to hit me)

Spiritual weapon (I want to do damage as a bonus action)

Spell Slots: 4 (1st) - 3 (2nd)

Here is where My healing capabilities Double.

Now that I can twin Healing Word and cast it as a 2nd level spell so my character is starting to come online.
2(1d4+3+3) or (1d4+3+3)+(1d4+3+3)
Min = 14 max = 20
or
2(2d4+3+4) the 4 is coming from life cleric (2+spell level) or (2d4+3+4)+(2d4+3+4)
Min = 18 Max = 30

That is done at a 30 foot distance and is only verbal. (I can cast this while holding my shield.)

Next I Went Sorcerer 4, Cleric 1
HP: 27 + 4 + 2 = 33
Proficiency Bonus goes up to +3

Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores
of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

If your DM allows the use of feats, you may instead take a Feat.

Remember those Healing Kits I grabbed.

I chose the Feat:

Healer (I am focusing mainly on Healing and Buffing) - goes with my character theme
You are an able physician, allowing you to mend wounds quickly and get your allies back in the fight. You gain the following benefits:

-When you use a healer's kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point. (Now they can stand and fight or run)
-As an action, you can spend one use of a healer's kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points
to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can't
regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest. (Healing!!!!)

Sorcery Points: 4
Spell Changes:
Cantrips:
1 more cantrip: Chill Touch (This spell makes it so the target can't regain hit points until the start of your next turn.)
As a sorcerer I get 1 more spell but I also get to change 1 spell so I am changing the spell Command into one of these and then taking the other.
Scorching Ray (I want to do more damage)
Aid: Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range.
Each target's hit point maximum and current hit points increase by 5 for the duration. At Higher Levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target's hit points increase by an
additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.
(Put that on top of my Inspiring Leader feat and the group has a whole extra character's worth of HP on the battle field)

Current Spells:
It is important to remember that as a Divine Soul Sorcerer
I get access to the cleric spell list as a sorcerer. the spells are label by the class that choose them.

Cantrips:
Toll of the Dead (My damage spell) - Cleric
Chill Touch (This spell makes it so the target can't regain hit points until the start of your next turn) - Sorcerer

1st level (ability to change out 2 of the first level cleric spells is nice!)
Detect Poison and Disease (Is it poisoned or diseased? Ritual) - Cleric - Prepared
Healing word (Bonus Action) (I want to add my charisma bonus to this spell) - Sorcerer

2nd Level
Aid (More health) - Sorcerer
Mirror Image (Harder to hit me) - Sorcerer
Scorching Ray (I want to do more damage) - Sorcerer
Spiritual Weapon (Damage as a bonus action) - Sorcerer

It is important to note that I can cast 3rd level spells I just don't know any. I am still considered a full caster. so my spell slots are:

Spell Slots: 1st (4) 2nd (3) 3rd (2)

Now In one turn I can Heal for more.

As my action I can use a healing kit to do:
1d6 + 4 hit points plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice.
At level 5: 1d6+4+5
Min: 10 Max:15

Plus a Bonus Action Twinned Healing Word cast at 3rd level - costing a third level spell slot and 3 sorcery points
2(3d4+3+5)
Min: 22 Max:40
Equaling
Min:10+22=32 Max:15+40=55 WOW!

Level 6
I went with Sorcerer again.
HP: 33 + 4 + 2 = 39
Sorcery Points: 5
Spell Changes:
These spells are pure group dynamic.
I could take Fireball, or Counter Spell, instead of Mass Healing Word, or Haste.

As a sorcerer I get 1 more spell but I also get to change 1 spell so I am changing
the spell Spiritual Weapon into one of these and then taking the other.
Haste: (Twin! Need I say more)
Mass Healing Word (Now I can spread the heals)

Current Spells:
I get access to the cleric spell list as a sorcerer. the spells are label by the class that choose them.

Cantrips:
Chill Touch (This spell makes it so the target can't regain hit points until the start of your next turn) - Sorcerer

2nd Level
Scorching Ray (I want to do more damage) - Sorcerer

3rd Level
Haste: (Twin! Need I say more) - Sorcerer
Mass Healing Word (Now I can spread the heals) - Sorcerer

Spell Slots: 4 (1st) - 3 (2nd) 3 (3rd)

Level 7 Sorcerer Again
HP: 39 + 4 + 2 = 45
Divine Soul Sorcerer 6 / Life Cleric 1

Empowered Healing - A Helpful Feature.

Starting at 6th level, the divine energy coursing through you can empower healing spells.
Whenever you or an ally within 5 feet of you rolls dice to determine the number of hit points a
spell restores, you can spend 1 sorcery point to re-roll any number of those dice once, provided
you aren't incapacitated. You can use this feature only once per turn. (Better Healing!!!!)

Sorcery Points: 6
Spell Changes:
These spells are pure group dynamic. Did you take Fireball? Ok now take which ever spell you did not.
As a sorcerer I get 1 more spell but I also get to change 1 spell so I am changing the spell Scorching Ray into one of these and then taking the other.
Fireball: (FIREBALL!!!!!!)
Counter Spell (Nope!!!)
Current Spells:
I get access to the Cleric spell list as a sorcerer. the spells are label by the class that choose them.

Cantrips:

2nd Level

3rd Level
Fireball: (FIREBALL!!!!!!) - Sorcerer
Counter Spell (Nope!!!) - Sorcerer

Spell Slots: 4 (1st) - 3 (2nd) 3 (3rd) 1 (4th)

Level 8 Warlock

We made it to the warlock level
HP: 45 + 5 + 2 = 52

So here is my first reason for taking this class now. Even though there are so many cons to not going into sorcerer
that I kinda wish I did not go into warlock. Trust me there is a plan for the next few levels.

But I found a Wand of Magic Missile.

What? You are asking why you spent all this time following along or skipping to here for that?

Wait here is my reasoning.

I know that Pact Magic does not combine with Spellcaster so Warlock levels don't count toward caster level.

I want:

Eldritch blast (Unlimited Power!!!)
And
Hexblade's Curse
Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action,
choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends
early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:
  • You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus. (Magic Missile shoots 3 missiles with 1 charge so x3)
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20. (Eldritch blast)
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point). (Yay Health!)
You can't use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

That proficiency bonus to damage with my Wand of Magic Missiles now makes it so when I expend 1 charge I get 3 missiles that do 1d4+1+3
the min automatic damage is 15
(I do not recommend.) The max is using all charges at once: 7 charges
the first charge does 3d4+3+9
then the next 6 charges each do 6d4+6+18
so it is 9d4+9+27 or 9d4+36

Min: 45 Max: 72

Not to bad from 1 action, and it is automatic. Unless a creature has a spell or ability that blocks magic missile.

Hex Warrior (meh... Except now I can use martial weapons)
At 1st level, you acquire the training necessary to effectively arm yourself for battle. You gain proficiency with medium armor, shields, and martial weapons.
The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property. When you attack with that weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls. This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest. If you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon's type.

Cantrips: 2 More (I know right)
Eldritch Blast (of course)
Minor Illusion (Because why not)

Pact Magic Spells: 2 More (Yay spells)
Hex (Might use it)
Hellish Rebuke (No one makes me bleed my own blood!)

Current Spells:
It is important to remember that as a Divine Soul Sorcerer I get access to the cleric spell list as a sorcerer. the spells are label by the class that choose them.
Cantrips: (10)
Eldritch Blast (Damage!!!!!) - Warlock
Minor Illusion (Because why not) - Warlock

1st level (6) (ability to change out 2 of the first level cleric spells is nice!)

Pact Magic Spells: (2)
Hex (Might use it)
Hellish Rebuke (No one makes me bleed my own blood!)

2nd Level: (2)

3rd Level: (4)
Fireball: (FIREBALL!!!!!!) - Sorcerer
Counter Spell (Nope!!!) - Sorcerer

Spell Slots: 4 (1st) - 3 (2nd) 3 (3rd) 1 (4th) Pact (1/1)

Now with my level 4 spell slot I can heal
As my action I can use a Healing Kit to do:
1d6 + 4 hit points plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice.
At level 8: 1d6+4+8
Min: 13 Max:18
Plus a Bonus Action Twinned Healing Word cast at 4th level - costing a Fourth level spell slot and 4 sorcery points
2(4d4+3+6)
Min: 26 Max:50
Equaling
Min:13+26=39 Max:18+50=68
Plus if i roll bad I can Empowered Healing and roll up to 3 more dice.

or I can mass healing word at either 3 or 4

3) 1d4+3+5 to all six of us so 6(1d4+3+5) the plus 5 comes from life cleric Disciple of Life (2+spell level)
Min: 9 x 6 = 54 Max: 14 x 6 = 84
or
4) 2d4+3+6 to all six of us so 6(2d4+3+6) the plus 6 comes from life cleric Disciple of Life (2+spell level)
Min: 11 x 6 = 66 Max: 17 x 6 = 102
Plus if i roll bad I can Empowered Healing and roll up to 3 more dice.

All right this is the point at which I can talk about why I am going into warlock and why you should
or should not do the same, even though you do not have a cool wand like me

Have you heard of the CoffeelocK?

I am going to do something similar but not take full advantage of the idea and break the game.

So I might go 2 more levels in warlock to get 2 second level warlock spell slots.

My idea comes together at level 11 when I take one more sorcerer level, then take the 3rd level spell Catnap (I should have grabbed this at level 7 instead of one of my other 3rd level spells which is a hard choice.)

Catnap would make it so 3 party members, including Uth, can take a short rest in 10 mins at the cost of a 3rd level spell slot.
But as a Warlock I would gain 2 second level spells which can be converted into 6 sorcery points. I can then buy a 3rd level spell for 5 sorcery points and have 1 sorcery point left over.

If I do that for a whole short rest that is 6 extra sorcery points and 12 individual short rests for other players to take if they want. The sorcery points can either be turned into missing spell slots or used to replenish used points.
While I do that six times the group can join Uth to heal and gain short rest benefits and use features and rest again.

Or I could be a level 9 sorcerer with just a double dip of cleric and warlock.

Or and this is actually the most likely I will go 2 more levels in Sorcerer to get that next ability score boost. Do +2 Charisma or take the Meta-Magic Adept Feat. Then go into to Warlock. So the build does not come back online until level 12.

I recommend if you try this build you should just do 1 level dip in Life cleric because the early benefits are so good and the healing benefit scales as you level.

I will update you all as I level. The game is every other week on the weekends.

Thanks for reading.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Sincerely,
Uth 'The Three Quarterling'

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases