D&D 5E 5e Basic Rules poll

How do you feel about the 5th edition Basic Rules?

• Love it!

Votes: 219 71.6%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • Reserving judgement until I actually play

Votes: 70 22.9%

Nebulous

Legend
just to get a feel of Enworlder response so far. I did not include a middle ground, but the "reserve judgement" could double for that....you're not convinced either way yet.

Last edited:

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I didn't vote. I neither love it, nor hate it. There are some good ideas, and it's mostly a good game, but there are too many dealbreakers for me to buy it.

Nebulous

Legend
I didn't vote. I neither love it, nor hate it. There are some good ideas, and it's mostly a good game, but there are too many dealbreakers for me to buy it.

Fair enough. Out of curiosity, are the deal breakers baked in too much or could they be house ruled out? I realize that a bunch of house ruling means you might as well play a different game to get the experience you want, so why pay for something just to change it all up.

just to get an feel of Enworlder response so far.

Mostly feel that your poll is really terrible and prescriptive, and trying to force extreme opinions on us. Most reasonable positions are missing, imho.

I realize that a bunch of house ruling means you might as well play a different game to get the experience you want, so why pay for something just to change it all up.

Indeed. Right now it looks I'd be basically paying to get a game where I'd have to re-write a significant minority of the mechanics. That's a dumb thing to pay for.

Shiroiken

Legend
Might have been better if worded "overall opinion on the Basic Rules:" with "Positive" "Negative" and "Undecided". Would still be short, but less extreme. I don't love it, but my overall opinion so far is positive.

It looks better than 3.x, and I'd join a game, but I'd still rather play 4e or RC.

Same here. PHB and DMG may change that opinion, but it's desperately "MEH" rules-wise. Elements of fluff are nice, some rules ideas are nice, but there's so much "MEH".

The entire spell chapter is one giant "MEH".

hey man, sorry i ruined your day. I wanted a short poll and that's what i did.

I like how you respond to my point about forcing opinions on people by trying to force an opinion on me ("ruined your day"). :)

Last edited:

Remove ads