(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

JharyOConnah

Explorer
The bright pink smoke rolled over the party as well as the coughing, sputtering hobgoblin. Purple and violet tendrils wound this way and that, clinging to limbs, obscuring visibility momentarily.

Only cousin Zenythin managed to step back far enough into the corridor to avoid gas pouring from the smashed glass vial.

As the smoke roiled away and the group re-emerged, all were struck with a whimsical sight.

(Alan you saved. Everyone else failed the CON save.)

Everyone gathered, except for princess Alan and Zenythin in the hallway, was suddenly covered in a thick layer of make-up. Selythin now wore a thick coat of foundation and concealer. Eovin, a thick mascara and eye shadow. Even the hairy hobgoblin a particularly pleasant shade of rouge on his lips and cheeks.

They all looked DONE UP, with curls and bows on their hair.

A pleasant smell wafted through the air.

With slight hesitation, and a giggle, Alan lunged at the hobgoblin in drag. The giggling turned to laughter and the young princess/queen/tailor's strike went wide.

(Selythin and Eovin please take your actions for the round. The failed save didn't prohibit you moving or attacking. The hobgoblin goes after you two.)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ignoring the absurd magics that was affecting them, Selythin swing the black sword at the nearest hobgoblin.

OOC:
Bonus action: transfer hex to nearest hobgoblin, disadvantage on strength checks
Action: attack 13, damage 11 plus 5 necrotic (16 total)

question: how loud is booming blade compared to the noise the fight is making? I’ve been holding back using that spell because of the noise, but if it’s roughly the same as the noise the party is making now, I may try using it ;-)

JharyOConnah

Explorer
question: how loud is booming blade compared to the noise the fight is making? I’ve been holding back using that spell because of the noise, but if it’s roughly the same as the noise the party is making now, I may try using it ;-)

(Booming Blade couldn't be much louder than the loud bashing and clanging and breaking noises that are happening now. I'll have you check Stealth again as you move up to the next level.)

Selythin's strike started to go wide yet again but the black ancestral blade's magic turned a near miss into a true strike, the metal burying itself in the pretty hobgoblin's flesh.

The wretch with his red lips collapsed in an ever-widening pool of blood. It was a grisly scene, all three enemies defeated, yet still done up in frills and pomp.

Cousin Zenythin let out half a laugh, but stifled it. "So much for the grand ball tonight..."

(We'll drop out of combat, since there's no one else to keep combatting. Let me know any remaining actions on the ground floor. When you are all ready to move on I'll need another STEALTH roll to move up to the next level.)

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Alan and Selythin inspect the vanity, noting there are three more vials of the swirling lavender liquid in one of the drawers. Otherwise, the vanity seems like an ordinary desk for putting on make-up. The scuffle didn't seem to have done anything but cosmetic damage.

After a hurried inspection, Alan and Selythin turned around, heading back through the ground floor of the castle toward the stairs that lead to to the next level.

It was obvious to Eovin the pixie that Alan and Selythin weren't being very quiet. Even as they exited the corridor, turning left, a mere twenty feet or so from the stairwell, they spied a shadowy movement, another Chaos beast. This one, half snake half cheetah, all fangs and teeth, was slithering down the trunk of one of the massive trees that grew up into the upper levels of the palace.

Everyone roll initiative!

(Do we still have the pixie, Eovin?)

Remove ads