D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
and for some reason cut stats in half and ignored the first 10 points?
When did that happen?

Shin, I don't understand what your talking about, can you clarify? As far as I know I haven't done what your saying or I don't understand the statement.

I've tried to clarify everything in the OP. That being said, some versions of these drafts were made before I solidified my approach and may have fallen through the cracks. Also, some times I just miss things when I am making a stat-block or editing one of my contributors stat-blocks.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I understand. I have been looking at the complied PDF, and you meant to go to the section in the thread.

And the first post says the pdf will not be as current as the thread. (but March?)

No worries, nothing to see, my bad, move along, no droids here.

I have update the PDF. I will updated it again when I get the Arch-Devils complete.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I hope I didn't give the impression I was nagging. Initially I was confused because I forgot that you were posting them in the sections of the thread.

You do good work, thank you.

dave2008

Legend
I hope I didn't give the impression I was nagging. Initially I was confused because I forgot that you were posting them in the sections of the thread.

You do good work, thank you.

You're good - it helped motivate me to get it update! It it much better if I keep the PDF up to date, even if I don't post it.

Motorskills

Explorer
Apologies, not read the whole thread and PDF yet....

[sblock=Spoiler for Storm King's Thunder...] Does this new Epic Ancient Blue Dragon work "as is" for Storm King's Thunder, or does she need to be customized further?[/sblock]

dave2008

Legend
Apologies, not read the whole thread and PDF yet....

[sblock=Spoiler for Storm King's Thunder...] Does this new Epic Ancient Blue Dragon work "as is" for Storm King's Thunder, or does she need to be customized further?[/sblock]

Unfortunately I haven't read through SKT (I don't currently own it). However, the dragons in my Epic Updates are stronger than the ones in the MM. Since SKT only goes to level 10+/- then I think your characters would need a lot of help to take down one of these epic dragons. Perhaps the adventure provides it - I don't know.

dave2008

Legend
Corellon Larethian

for example, you have a 34 = +17, a 40 = +20, etc.

Now, that's not actually how it works. A 30 would be +10 so a 34 would be +12.
A 40 would be +15. You have it like this for lots of monsters, possibly all of them, i haven't checked.

But you are missing that part where stats 0-10 are penalties, not bonuses. A 20 stat is therefore +5, not +10.

Reread the original post and look at the progression chart. Corellon gets a +5 "Epic Bonus" Those numbers are calculated correctly.

The epic bonus is the "innate" magic level of epic monsters. I was planning on keying it into several things. Since it was to be an umbrella trait/keyword I capped proficiency bonus at +10 (which I recall you did not like), so as not to jump the shark to much. I am rethinking that approach. The 2nd draft of all of these monsters will likely look much different than these first drafts.

Remove ads