D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
This is a new draft of Dark Force III. I revised some format problems, increased the speed, revised stats, and some other things to make it more suitable for CR 42. Are there any format issues? If not, could you include this in the Epic Monsters Abberations post?
I'll take a look, but I would need it to be put on my template, which I can send you. I would also need to find the time to check the math, which I might be able to do early next month. DM me your email address and I will send you the word template

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This is a new draft of Dark Force III. I revised some format problems, increased the speed, revised stats, and some other things to make it more suitable for CR 42. Are there any format issues? If not, could you include this in the Epic Monsters Abberations post?

Maybe I missed it but why is the name so generic?

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
I'll take a look, but I would need it to be put on my template, which I can send you. I would also need to find the time to check the math, which I might be able to do early next month. DM me your email address and I will send you the word template
Also, if CRs 56+ are built into the excel spreadsheet, how do I extract them?

dave2008

Legend
Also, if CRs 56+ are built into the excel spreadsheet, how do I extract them?
That is a different spreadsheet. I gave you the one that I used to figure the CR of an aberration, since that is what you were creating stats for and the word template was for. I wanted them to match so you could see how they worked together. It was just an older spreadsheet that I hadn't extended to 60. I only did that for Ahat-Hir.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
That is a different spreadsheet. I gave you the one that I used to figure the CR of an aberration, since that is what you were creating stats for and the word template was for. I wanted them to match so you could see how they worked together. It was just an older spreadsheet that I hadn't extended to 60. I only did that for Ahat-Hir.
So the spreadsheet you're talking only goes to 55?

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
Here are most of the deities / primordials / powers /mythic beings I plan to stat in the future. Dark Dragon and Dark Force are from Phantasy star IV, so is the profound darkness which i forgot to add (CR 58, Colossal, 21,000 HP). Behemoths are from final fantasy, I renamed them in most cases for the sake of variety. Some monsters (Lamashtu, Rovagug, and many others) are from Pathfinder. This list is incomplete.
"Colossal" means that they have multiple parts and the average of all the parts is that CR. Like @dave2008 said this is misleading so in the future I may include a "Sum" CR method that equates to the CR of all parts added up ÷ the number of parts. Some of these beings are found deep in the half-century history of D&D lore, and as such you might not find anything on them when you look them up. If there are any other powers to add to this list, let me know!

Attachments

• Deities you and I plan to stat.zip
    14 KB · Views: 143

dave2008

Legend
Here are most of the deities / primordials / powers /mythic beings I plan to stat in the future. Dark Dragon and Dark Force are from Phantasy star IV, so is the profound darkness which i forgot to add (CR 58, Colossal, 21,000 HP). Behemoths are from final fantasy, I renamed them in most cases for the sake of variety. Some monsters (Lamashtu, Rovagug, and many others) are from Pathfinder. This list is incomplete.
"Colossal" means that they have multiple parts and the average of all the parts is that CR. Like @dave2008 said this is misleading so in the future I may include a "Sum" CR method that equates to the CR of all parts added up ÷ the number of parts. Some of these beings are found deep in the half-century history of D&D lore, and as such you might not find anything on them when you look them up. If there are any other powers to add to this list, let me know!
Thanks for your enthusiasm! A few comments:
  • A few of these are already stated (Paladine, Takhisis, Selune (I think), The Lady of Pain, Kelemvor (I think)
  • Many of your target CRs are too high. With very rare exceptions: gods should top at about CR 40, Eldritch Titans should top out at CR 50, primordial parts should top out at CR 50. Everything else is generally less than those.
  • In general we need more threats in the CR 35- 40 range than the 41-50 range.
Regardless, I look forward to what you come up with.

PS. I am busy with other projects at the moment so it will take a little longer than normal for me to review and get them posted. Also, if you really want to make some people happy you could stat the giant gods. That is a glaring weakness in the current line up.

Last edited:

Remove ads