D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
@Thirteenspades I forgot that Shub-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth have a stat-blocks already too.

Also, I was mistaken we have a stat-block for Sehanine (CR 34) not Selune, but they are similar. Also, we have a stat-block for Mrykul not Kelemvor. However, they should be in the CR 30s, not 40s as you have them currently.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
Here's my Rog stats & expansive lore I made myself! (2000 words and counting) DOCX in zip. Please give constructive feedback! Parts of the lore are incomplete. It's a CR 22 demon/ fiend and a race made by Orcus to serve as Captains of his armies. They are meant to go against Balor Lords but are more strategists and commanders than brutes. They also excel at spellcasting and inflicting fear.
rog.png
UPDATE: Removed stray references to Mammon (I built this stat block off of him), added italics and fixed indentation in description.

Attachments

• The Rog Description.zip
    13 KB · Views: 171
  • The Rog Description.pdf
    83.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
Here's my Rog stats & expansive lore I made myself! (2000 words and counting) DOCX in zip. Please give constructive feedback! Parts of the lore are incomplete. It's a CR 22 demon/ fiend and a race made by Orcus to serve as Captains of his armies. They are meant to go against Balor Lords but are more strategists and commanders than brutes. They also excel at spellcasting and inflicting fear.
New version with fixed Legendary actions.
rog.png

Last edited:

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
GREATER GODS:

Greater God Traits:
Greater Gods generally have all of the abilities and traits in the list below. These abilities and traits are assumed to be a part of the following stat blocks. Specific modifications to these traits and/or additional traits are listed in the individual stat blocks.

Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from a +5 or lesser magical weapons
Damage Immunities bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing that is +1 magical or less.
Condition Immunities charmed, deafened, frightened, petrified, poisoned, exhaustion

Discorporation. When a greater god drops to 0 hit points, its body is destroyed but its essence travels back to its domain, and is unable to take physical form for a time.

Divine Might. A greater god's attacks and effects ignore the resistances and immunities of creatures CR 25 and below. A greater god's attacks and effects targeting creatures of CR 26-35 ignore resistances and treat immunities as resistance (condition immunities provide advantage in lieu of immunity).

Divine Reflexes. If a greater god succeeds on a saving throw against an area of effect, it may spend its reaction and move outside the area, suffering no damage, conditions, etc. from the effect. The god must have enough move distance to get out side the area of effect. It may also spend legendary move actions in addition to the reaction to gain the distance required to move outside the area of effect.

Innate Spellcasting. Refer to individual entries for a greater god’s spell casting ability, their save DC, and attack bonus. Greater gods can innately cast the following spells at 8th level or higher, requiring no material components:

At will: comprehend languages, contact outer plane, detect magic, detect thoughts, dispel magic, enlarge/reduce, polymorph, remove curse, scrying, sending, shield, shield of faith, telekinesis, teleport
3/day each: arcane gate, creation, divine word, etherealness, fordiddance, (un)holy aura, mordenkainen's private sanctum, resurrection, symbol, telepathy
1/day each: astral projection, gate, mass heal (1000 hit points), true resurrection, wish

Legendary Resistance (5/Day).
If a greater god fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.

Limited Magic Immunity. Unless a greater god wishes to be affected, it is immune to spells of 7th level or lower, and it is resistant to and has advantage on all other spells and magical effects.

Magic Weapons. A greater god’s weapon attacks are treated as +5 magical weapons.

Regeneration. Greater gods regain 50 hit points at the start of their turn.

Tiamat (CR 48):
by dave2008

Tharizdun (CR 31 - 37 - 44):
by dave2008
Bahamut (CR 43):
by dave2008
Moradin (CR 40):
by dave2008
Bane (CR 39):
by dave2008
Corellon Larethian (CR 39):
by dave2008
Gruumsh (CR 38):
by dave2008
Ioun (CR 38):
by dave2008
Maglubiyet (CR 37):
by dave2008
Pelor (CR 37):
by dave2008
Erathis (CR 36):
by dave2008
Garl Glitergold (CR 36):
by dave2008
Myrkul (CR 36)
by Yourzombiecat (w/ edits by dave2008)
Yondalla (CR 36):
by dave2008
Zehir (CR 36):
by MechaTarrasque, edited by dave2008
The thing that feels weird is that after CR 40, it's an unclassified power level assortment of creatures. At 50, almost no being in the UNIVERSE has stats. So what kind of god level would there be after 50-55? Exalted? What about for evil powers? "Exalted" sounds like it's meant for celestials only, so what other classifications are there for post- greater god / primordial beings?

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
The thing that feels weird is that after CR 40, it's an unclassified power level assortment of creatures. At 50, almost no being in the UNIVERSE has stats. So what kind of god level would there be after 50-55? Exalted? What about for evil powers? "Exalted" sounds like it's meant for celestials only, so what ot3ger classifications are there for post- greater god / primordial beings?
There really isn't any classification above greater god in this system. In general CR 40 is supposed be a soft cap (max for players) with a few beings getting past this. Primordials can have higher and lower CRs, the same with Eldritch titans. Tiamat and Bahamut should be reclassified and Tharzidun only passed CR 40 when he was "empowered" and he is currently only CR 31.

However, traditionally in D&D you had a loose Hierarchy that sometimes included more powerful entities as follows:

Overgod
Eldergod

Greater god
Intermediate god
Lesser god
Demigod

Ao is the only Overgod I know of, but there should be others (possibly Io). In the system I am currently working on (not this thread), there are two more levels:

Paramount (working title)
Superlunary (working title)
Overgod
Eldergod
Greater god
Intermediate god
Lesser god
Demigod

Currently I don't have any Superlunary entities and only one Paramount.

Mirtek

Hero
Also, how powerful would the true Asmodeus be? (World Serpent, hundreds of miles long): Asmodeus Description. Notice he created humanoid-looking "avatars" (plural). His avatars' essence roams around the world and the Nine Hells in multiple forms. Seeing as he has multiple avatars, I would use the one from this thread and several others. But how powerful would his true form be? More powerful than Jormungandr (CR 45)? I get the feeling he would be in the 60-70 range, seeing as even his first avatar summons pit fiends for each drop of his blood. Even Tiamat only has a few avatars, all of which are weaker than Asmodeus (at least in my world).
Well, the only source that really ever stated this serpent deity origin actually clearly pegged his power by stating that Asmodeus in his full world serpent form is a greater deity. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
There really isn't any classification above greater god in this system. In general CR 40 is supposed be a soft cap (max for players) with a few beings getting past this. Primordials can have higher and lower CRs, the same with Eldritch titans. Tiamat and Bahamut should be reclassified and Tharzidun only passed CR 40 when he was "empowered" and he is currently only CR 31.

However, traditionally in D&D you had a loose Hierarchy that sometimes included more powerful entities as follows:

Overgod
Eldergod

Greater god
Intermediate god
Lesser god
Demigod

Ao is the only Overgod I know of, but there should be others (possibly Io). In the system I am currently working on (not this thread), there are two more levels:

Paramount (working title)
Superlunary (working title)
Overgod
Eldergod
Greater god
Intermediate god
Lesser god
Demigod

Currently I don't have any Superlunary entities and only one Paramount.
Ao's master is the Luminous being, theorized to be the World Serpent. Only Chaos, Father of All and of Nothing, supersedes the World Serpent as Chaos dwells in the Far Realm.

dave2008

Legend
Ao's master is the Luminous being, theorized to be the World Serpent. Only Chaos, Father of All and of Nothing, supersedes the World Serpent as Chaos dwells in the Far Realm.
Actually, the "Luminous being" is a wink and a nod to the DM. Or at least that was my undersanding

The World Serpent (in 4e) is a primal spirit (similar in strength to a deity), in 1e it was monster and equivalent to a greater god. Not sure about 2e and 3e.

I am not familiar with Chaos, Father of All, is that your creation?. Mythic Tiamat fits the description pretty well though (also not a D&D thing though).

In my personal cosmos nothing can "naturally" get above an Overgod. Only one entity has managed to break through that barrier and it only achieved it through great sacrifice (three becoming one).

Remove ads