D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hercule Manor
Winter/Morning
Round 0

“It was...more exciting than anticipated,” Asherah said. She unconsciously rubbed her chest where she had been stabbed through. She figured small town gossip might have informed Lady Kerowyn of what had happened, or would soon enough.

Asherah gave the little girl pouting in the corner a smile and a wave of her tail in greeting.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus:
Reaction:
Free:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 9/9+4 thp
AC: 13 (leather armor)/14 (dual wield)/15 (shield)
Unarmed: +4 3 B
Claws: +4 1d4+2 S
Flametongue Spear: +4 1d6/d8+2/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +4 1d8+2/B+1d6 cold

War Priest (2/2/LR)

Spells: +4; DC 12
Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st (3/3): (Divine Favor, Shield of Faith), Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word
[/sblock]

[sblock=School results]
Combat 19
Arcane 6 (18) (Favored Soul)
Divine 14
Skill 11
Nature 7 (fail)
Immortal 2 (fail)
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zilvar smiles as he notices Quintens water trick. With a few movements of his fingers and a mumbled incantation the frown changes to a deep blue color, and then the smile to a nice bright yellow before Zilvar realizes that the yellow could be taken wrong and he quickly dispels his own cantrip, and decides it is best if he just sticks to business.

Turning his attention to the lady of the house he almost comments on a piece of jewelry that he notices but catches himself.
"Thank you for your hospitality. How may we be of assistance?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody dutifully follows Jordy into the mansion and moves to stand behind his chair as a servant would.
Due to his small stature, he basically disappears behind the furniture and doesn't come around the other side.

OOC: Not hiding, specifically, just want to scope the room out without being observed.

tglassy

Adventurer
The girl sees the antics, and it causes her to smile. Then giggle.

"We feel...rather embarrassed," Lady Hercule says. "It seems such as small thing, but it has severely cut in to our little town's economy, and the Headmaster did owe us a favor, and..."

"We have a bandit problem," Araque said. "They've been raiding our caravans, stealing our mined silver as we try to ship it out."

Lady Hercule freezes her smile on her face, "Thank you, Araque."

"Well, it's true," he says, pacing around the room. "We've got a town guard, and we hire men to guard our caravan, but apparently they keep getting bought off. We need this band dealt with. Pronto. I have to leave tomorrow to protect our interests in nearby cities."

The girl's giggles disappear. "But, Daddy! You said you'd take me on a picnic tomorrow!"

"Not now, Lysara," he said, not looking at her.

She stomps her foot. "No! You said you'd take me on a picnic!"

Lady Hercule holds her hand up, "Quiet!" Then quieter, she says, "Please." Both Araque and his daughter stop talking, though Lysara is now sniffling, though her expression is one of rage.

Lady Hercule turns to the group. "Forgive my family. It has been a stressful time. What my husband says is true. There are people who are causing trouble for our town. They have stayed to the mountain passes, raiding our caravans, but I fear they might start doing harm to our citizens before too long. If they are not stopped, we will have to abandon the mine, and this town will die. Is this something you can help with?"

All three turn to see your answer.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hercule Manor
Winter/Morning
Round 0

“Of course we can help,” Asherah said. “It is just bandits. It should not be too difficult.” She gave the little girl a sympathetic look. “Perhaps we could have a picnic later. Though it is a bit cold out for a picnic.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus:
Reaction:
Free:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 9/9+4 thp
AC: 13 (leather armor)/14 (dual wield)/15 (shield)
Unarmed: +4 3 B
Claws: +4 1d4+2 S
Flametongue Spear: +4 1d6/d8+2/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +4 1d8+2/B+1d6 cold

War Priest (2/2/LR)

Spells: +4; DC 12
Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st (3/3): (Divine Favor, Shield of Faith), Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word
[/sblock]

[sblock=School results]
Combat 19
Arcane 6 (18) (Favored Soul)
Divine 14
Skill 11
Nature 7 (fail)
Immortal 2 (fail)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
“No,” the girl said to Asherah, the word drawn out like she thought Asherah said something stupid. “We have magic, duh. Everyone knows that.”

Greenmtn

Explorer
Ziilvar Gnome Wizard

"Silver mine you say? Where are you selling the, oh never mind that now that is a talk for later." Zilvar seems to compose himself for a moment. He continues after a moment of thought.

"What makes you think the guards are being bought off and not just unable to catch the criminals? How high does this corruption go, do you have anyone in the guard you can trust? Maybe we could use what these guards know in order to help find these bandits and put and end to things."

OOC: Do we have any idea what the structure is in this area? Would this family be the ones in charge for law enforcement/in charge of the town or are they looking out for their bottom line?
Is Zilvar getting the feeling that this is somethign where we are being asked to kill/run off bandits orbring them to justice?

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: The town is not that big. In fact, the only reason there's a town is because of the mine, which is owned and operated by the Hercule family. The town built up around the mine, as workers moved there, then their families and shops and inns and everything that was needed to make a self sufficient town.

As such, there isn't much in the way of government, beyond the Hercules. They employ what passes for a town guard, because if they didn't they would risk loosing their investment.

As for what the Hercules are looking for, it would be all of the above. They are the only law around, and they are looking out for their bottom line, but that mine is also the only source of significant income to the town. Without it, everything else crumbles and the town will be a ghost town within months. So looking out for the bottom line isn't just greed, it's keeping these people fed.

"There are no bodies, for one," Araque says. "The wagons have to go through a pass in the mountain range. We find the wagons, empty, but no signs of an attack or of the guards. Just an empty wagon. So either they're being disintegrated, or they're being bought off. And since there are no piles of ash..."

Remove ads