D&D 5E 5e Homebrew class based on Castlevania Franchise

Zimitri Reindhart

First Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I registered just recently to get some feedback on this class I've been working on for a while with the help of a friend of mine. I love 5e and I'm a Castlevania fan, so I always fantasized playing a character like the ones in Castlevania (specially a Belmont) in D&D, but not through original classes and multiclassing and pursuing some presitge classes. I wanted a one way to get that Castlevania vampire hunter character.

To create the class I used this class creation guide to start off: http://zappyman2.wixsite.com/musicushomebrew/homebrew-classes . So thanks to JamesMusicus. Everything else was inspiration and help from the PHB (you'll see I used many of the original classes as a base, to the point one of the issues may be it doesn't separate itself from those in mechanics) and the DMG.

The class includes many things reminiscent of the game, subweapons, a relic weapon to emulate the Vampire Killer, and subclasses emulating the different characters, the Traditional Arts for the Belmonts, the Witchcraft Arts for magic users in general, specially Alucard, and the Devil Forgemaster, for Hector. I may add other archetypes in the future, for now my friend is working on a glyph user archetype.

Here's the link to the document from dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryjv14yl7xfvu8s/Night Hunter.pdf?dl=0 . This here is just a draft document, that's why it's kinda all over the place, but all that's written and the way it's written is pretty much the v1.0. My friend will take care of editing it into shape once I'm done getting feedback for it and can consider it finished.

I hope there's lost of people who are both D&D (5e) and Castlevania fans who can give me good feedback, as I need both knowledge in D&D and in concept of the games to get the best out of this. Anyone's opinion is welcome though.

Last edited:

Remove ads