• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E [5e] One shot - Frolic and Fire [IC] [FULL]

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Esmer/Fishin’
Morning

OOC: So that’s 4 rooms and 6 characters. Milady is claiming a room for herself, as the only lady! ;) And because she’s just that way! LOL


Milady went to her room upstairs and shut the door firmly. No way she was sharing it with any of her odorous male companions! Gawking men was one thing, but they needed to be wealthy or have some other thing she desired before she slept with them!

When her bath came, Milday disrobed and sank into the hot water with a sigh of delight. It was good to be out of her traveling clothes, out of her mask, and just be herself for a moment. Yet who was she? Was she Clarisse de Winter, noble lady of Waterdeep? Was she Riyoco Tesin, the young peasant girl? Or Milady, the mysterious adventurer, thief, and blackmailer? Did it matter? Clarisse didn’t like introspection that much. Maybe it would be nice to get some handsome, dumb local stable boy that she would never see again to distract her.

After her bath, Milady opted not for the distraction. She wrapped herself in a fine chiffon nightdress and hung her wet armor up to dry, hanging a few sachets of herbs inside to counteract any smell. She sat at the table and oiled and maintained her hand and heavy crossbows before settling them near the bed in easy reach. Her rapier and dagger went nearby, as well, the dagger under her pillow. She took her meal in her room and enjoyed the privacy she couldn’t have on the road.

The straw pallet bed left much to be desired, but Clarisse slept well. Feeling a bit more social, Clarisse dressed in her scarlet and black ensemble again and donned the black half mask over her face, once more becoming Milady before she headed out for the common room with the rest of her companions.

No one else seemed to be up yet, which seemed odd, since Milady had lazed away the morning, despite the sounds of an early rising fishing village. She saw Thandar, that ugly, beardless dwarf, leaving already, so she had the common room to herself. She ordered breakfast and settled in to enjoy it.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 20/20 HD: 2/2d10+2
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 38 Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"This is more than adequate," Lu Manno told the innkeeper before the man went back downstairs. "We will be sure to let everyone know what a gracious host you are, and how fine an inn you keep."

Lu Manno spent the night in a corner of the common room, the chairs being just a bit to small to be comfortable for the goliath. His bedroll afixed once more to his pack, he joined The Lady de Winter for breakfast. With a nod he took up a spot across the table.

Not much for light conversation, the big man ate in silence as he waited for the others to join them.

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 10/10 HD: 1/1 (1d8+2)
Speed: 30'
Saves: STR +3, DEX +0, CON +2, INT -1, WIS +4, CHA +3
Features: voice of authority 1/1
Special Defenses: stone's endurance 1/1

Combat:
warhammer +5 attack, 1d8+3 bludgeoning, two-handed
dagger(melee) +5 attack, 1d4+3 piercing, finesse, light
dagger(thrown) +5 attack, 1d4+3 piercing, finesse, light, thrown, (range 20/60)
Spell Slots: 1st: 2/2
Cantrips: resistance, spare the dying, light
Spells Prepared: command, herosim, bless, protection from good and evil, healing word

Consumables:
torches 10/10
rations 10/10[/sblock]
 

mips42

Villager
With a hearty country breakfast of smoked ham, eggs, fresh bread with butter and honey under your belt, yo head outside. The sky is gray and cloudy but, at least so far, no sign of rain. the streets are busy with people in their morning errands. Most either nod greeting or at least acknowledge you as you head to the building referred to as "The Ward".
The building is large, probably fifty feet to a side or more and has its' own wharf out into the lake. The wooden sides of The Ward are well weathered from years of exposure to rain, sun and wind and the wood is somewhat sun-bleached. There is a man door as well as a over-sized door on the side nearest teh main street.

[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
During breakfast, Whisper casually saunters in from the front door. Whether he had been outside all night or just for a moment is anyone's guess; he was here last night, not moving from his spot by the fire until after the others had moved upstairs, and he was not there when they came down this morning.

Without a word he moves around the edges of the room towards his travelling companions, eyeing their breakfast hungrily before getting his own. Whisper eats half of his share and licks up the milk from a platter, then gets up and follows Thandar outside. He finds himself at the warehouse, and looks bored already as the dwarf knocks.

"They do not answer," he says before even a second has passed. The tabaxi takes out his ball of string and starts fidgeting with it, his attention gone from the door.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Whomever wishes to be are face, should talk to the man at the door. I'll have Lu Manno Help them, giving them advantange on any Persuasion checks.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Badger steps up, since nobody else will be he is getting ornery. He forgot his tea this morning.

“You there,” he says to the door man. “We’re here on business. I think. Can’t quite recall. Something about a caravan. Or monkeys. Not sure which. Either way, is the master of the place home or is there somewhere else we need to go?”
 

mips42

Villager
A knock on the door brings a young man, maybe 17 yers old, with a patchy brown three o clock shadow, scruffy brown hair, a light gray woolen smock and brown leather apron to the door. "yes?"
tglassy said:
“You there,” Badger says to the door man. “We’re here on business. I think. Can’t quite recall. Something about a caravan. Or monkeys. Not sure which. Either way, is the master of the place home or is there somewhere else we need to go?”
"Caravan? Oh yeah. thats here. come in, I'll tell dad, er, Mr. Corvan you're here."

Walking inside reveals a decent sized office with a wooden table piled with parchment and another door, presumably leading to the warehouse itself. After a minute or so wait, a wiry human male enters through the other door. He is roughly 5'5" with short brown hair. The family resemblance to the young lad is clear. His skin is well tanned and he wears a light blue tunic and leather apron similar to the one the boy wore, although this one is much dirtier, and he has a strong odor of sweat about him. He's clearly been working hard already.
"Ah. you..." he looks at the group "You must be here for the guard job. Good. We're loading the last two wagons today so they should be ready first thing in the morning. Two silvers a day plus meals. Meals provided as you go, silver payable on delivery to Daggerford. Sound good?"


[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"High Blessing to you Master Corvan," the tall, (specially to someone 5-5) bald goliath says with a half bow. "I am Lu Manno, and your offer is satisfactory to me. Will the goods need guarding this night or do we start on our agreed employment in the morning?"
 

mips42

Villager
"Should be safe enough in the warehouse for tonight, Be here first light and we'll get you on your way."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Whisper had lost his interest until the young man came to the door, and his eyes light up. The tabaxi slips inside the building right behind the lad, and when Mr Corvan enters the office from the side door, Whisper looks into the other room quickly before the door is shut behind the man.

"What's the cargo?" he asks curiously without taking his eyes off the door.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Esmer/The Ward
Morning

Milady followed the others through town. In a small town like this, she got a few looks. Not only was she beautiful, but she was wearing a mask over her eyes, not something usually seen in these parts.

Milady studied the building known as the Ward as they approached, noting the doors and searching out other places of access beyond the conventional, as was her practice. They would make good exits, too, should one be needed in haste.

Thandar went and knocked on the door. It was answered by a young man, and Milady favored him with a smile. She slipped into a well-practiced sultry S-pose, knowing how to get men to do what she wanted, though things seemed well. They entered and met the boy’s father, who gave them the terms of the guard contract.

“Before we agree, what exactly are we transporting?” Milady asked.

The tabaxi seemed to have the same idea.

“And three silver,” Milady added. “We aren’t your normal caravan guards. You are getting quality here.”



[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 20/20 HD: 2/2d10+2
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 38 Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
[/sblock]
 

mips42

Villager
Whisper had lost his interest until the young man came to the door, and his eyes light up. The tabaxi slips inside the building right behind the lad, and when Mr Corvan enters the office from the side door, Whisper looks into the other room quickly before the door is shut behind the man.

"What's the cargo?" he asks curiously without taking his eyes off the door.
KahlessNestor said:
“Before we agree, what exactly are we transporting?” Milady asked.

The tabaxi seemed to have the same idea.

“And three silver,” Milady added. “We aren’t your normal caravan guards. You are getting quality here.”
Darvo looks at the Tabaxi and the very good looking human woman. "I... I can only pay two per day for the roughly seven day trip but, since you're here a day early I'll pay for that as well. It's the best I can do.
"As for the cargo, it's lot of things. Salted fish, mostly. But also a good sized load of bogwood, tools, sacks of grain, some other salted meats. The Usual.
"And let me guess, your next question is why it needs guarding, Right? Because it's valuable. And there's thieves and cutthroats and goblins and who know what else between here and there these days and those folks need these goods. If there's no other questions, I need to get back to loading the wagons."
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Come away," Lu Manno says with a gesture to the group. "We will let you to your work, good sir."

OOC: Is it time for the Frolic part of our story?? LOL Or do you wish to just fast forward to the morning and us heading out??
 

mips42

Villager
[sblock=serious spoiler alert]
If we did that, you'd miss the fun...
[/sblock]

You walk out of the warehouse back into the gray day. The morning mists are beginning to burn off and the clouds are starting to break up a little, making it look like it might actually be a decent day. The people go about their daily routines around you, always noting the Tabaxian and the men being particularly interested in Milady. In fact you notice several apparent wives giving her daggered looks as if it were her fault she looks the way she does.

It is roughly two hours before noon at this point, what would you like to do?
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Upon hearing he will be guarding a load of fish, Whisper involuntarily licks his lips before catching himself. Instead, he nods sagely, pretending to be interested in the rest of the story.

Then when the big guy motions everyone out, the tabaxi follows. Out on the street, there are several people watching him, and he ignores it. Everywhere Whisper goes in these parts, he is treated as an exotic creature; depending on the people, he is a fascinating story or an odd nuisance.

But what the tabaxi also sees, are women who give Milady foul looks. Grinning to himself, the tabaxi moves amongst these ladies and, without looking at their faces, announces, "Whisper knows that men follow their noses more than their eyes. Whisper has exquisite perfumes from the Lands Beyond The Horizon, able to bewitch anyone who smells it."

Then he casually sits down on the floor, crosslegged and his back towards a wall, as if nothing happened.
 

Advertisement

Top