5e Playtest - Caves of Chaos

Walking Dad

First Post
Elephan Moonsong

"I like your suggestion for the cave and for my second row position very much, master dwarf, but I think you will be better able to protect our back than the human, with his poor nightvision. And do you really think Hob will go last? He is much to curious for this!"

Elephan muses, starting his new tendency to call all dwarfs "master dwarf". It is so hard to tell them apart with all that hair in the face...

[sblock=OOC]
suggesting:
Fighters front, human or dwarf cleric and wizard next, remaining wizard last. Rogue not being part of the formation, but scouting ahead?

---

HP: 16/16
Prepared Spells: Shield, Shield (p 29), Sleep (p 30)
[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
Mijab looks on in wonderment as the full scope of the ravine comes into view. "A thousand pardons, my esteemed companions, but to this one's humble eyes there is little to distinguish one cavernous opening from the next. Lead on O bearded one, this one will happily remain in the rear as you so wisely suggest. May Pelor's radiance illuminate the way."

Mijab has his quarterstaff in hand, his sunburst symbol of Pelor hanging round his neck from a finely wrought chain.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hob sniffs and looks around a moment, getting his bearing. He looks at the distant cave entrance, at the dirt, and the sky, and shrugs. I see no good in the darks, gov'nuz. But not too brights either. Follows.
OOC: Going to look to see if there is cover/shadows that way. If so, sneaky up to the entrance, keeping an eye out for traps before him (trip lines) or folks. Have people follow after. Assuming Wis check for looking, Stealth for hiding: Perceive 18 (21 if traps), Stealth 16.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Illov tromps along, sufficiently far behind Hob to allow the halfling his stealthy approach. He does his best to keep the little fellow in sight, in case his axe is needed on short notice.

renau1g

First Post
The group presses forward in formation, already a well oiled machine having the experience of seeming years of practice at dungeon delving at their disposal.

Hob sneaks forward, dodging from tree to tree, tumbling across the earth and staying out of sight. The halfling creeps up to the opening of the cave ever so cautiously and peers in. Hob sees that the area past the cave mouth features roughly worked stone tunnels that snake off into darkness. You see one to the south, one to the east and one to the west. With your keen eyes, you can tell that there is little dust accumulated on the floor, so the tunnels must be traversed with some frequency.

stonegod

Hob makes a low bird whistle as a signal, waiting for the others. He whispers Split trail, guvs. Full o'critters, looks like. I'll go ahead Barring no interrupts, he skulks ahead, sling in hand, peeking around and listening in the shadows, but keeping an out for traps on the way
OOC: Stealth and Perception again: 12 and 9 (12 for traps) respectively.

renau1g

First Post
Hob creeps forward, hugging the wall and reaches the intersection. There is a dark path to the west, and another path descending to the east also into darkness. The only light is filtering in from the cave entrance. The path proceeding forward ends in a dead-end approximately 15 feet into the cave. The exact purpose of this dead-ended path is a mystery to all. No sounds are heard in either direction.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Illov pauses at the cave entrance and watches the halfling go about his business, creeping around in the shadows. He briefly wonders if he should have warned Hob that most things that live in caves can see in the dark. Oh well, too late now.

OOC: Don't forget your rogue's skill mastery. Minimum stealth result: 16

stonegod

OOC: Remembered one, forgot the other.
Hob sneaks back, reporting his findings. Dark either way and the suspicious dead end. Mayhap a trap, or just an accident. What's the plan, guvs?

Remove ads