5e Playtest - Caves of Chaos

Malvoisin

First Post
Mijab offers, "This one may humbly call forth the divine light of Pelor to help guide our footsteps, should this one's most esteemed companions deem it prudent."

Rather than perform any sort of magic, the cleric produces an ordinary torch and tinderbox from his pack, and awaits instruction from one of the others before lighting it...

Walking Dad

First Post
Elephan Moonsong

"Is the light for Hob or for one of our sturdy dwarf friends? Either way, I can cast a light enchantment on one of our weapons, if you want. Which way you can carry the light and still use both hands for fighting."

Elephan explains in a haughty voice, quite unimpressed so far by "Pelor's Radiance".

[sblock=OOC]

---

HP: 16/16
Prepared Spells: Shield, Shield (p 29), Sleep (p 30)
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
No lights for me, guvs; toos inconspic'us. I's be ahead, I will. Wheres first, dead end to checks it out?
OOC: Hob should be ahead in the shadows, so whatever light source casts the longest shadow should be main.

Malvoisin

First Post
"Is the light for Hob or for one of our sturdy dwarf friends? Either way, I can cast a light enchantment on one of our weapons, if you want. Which way you can carry the light and still use both hands for fighting."
Elephan explains in a haughty voice, quite unimpressed so far by "Pelor's Radiance".
Mijab answers, "Dearest lady, it matters not to this one who may bear Pelor's radiant flame. This humble servant will gladly share the light with any who but ask."

To Hob: "To this one's simple judgment, It does indeed seem rather strange that said passage should have no point of egress. Perhaps it does warrant a closer examination."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Elephan Moonsong

"I'm not a lady, I'm a man. A lady's man! And I wanted to be helpful. Not everyone needs so much light to see something. And why would it be strange for this cave to end after a while? Most caves do. The others are called "tunnels"."

Elephan argues quietly, his left fist clenched in anger and electric sparks flow around it.

[sblock=OOC]

---

HP: 16/16
Prepared Spells: Shield, Shield (p 29), Sleep (p 30)
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"We call those Halfling-pots. There is something horrible down there behind the secret door. Works Every Time. The best way is to stay methodical and take the left passage."

[sblock=ooc]I'm fine if we investigate the fwd passage, Thurb is just complaining.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Illov growls to himself and hefts his axe and starts towards the cave entrance.

"Iz too much talk. Ve go now, or dis whole thing take eons!"

OOC: Unless anyone acts to stops him, Illov will move forward to the junction.

Malvoisin

First Post
Elephan Moonsong

"I'm not a lady, I'm a man. A lady's man! And I wanted to be helpful. Not everyone needs so much light to see something. And why would it be strange for this cave to end after a while? Most caves do. The others are called "tunnels"."

Elephan argues quietly, his left fist clenched in anger and electric sparks flow around it.
Mijab's eyes widen in shock and awe, aghast at his embarrassing mistake. He immediately assumes a posture of subservience, wringing his hands and bowing effusively. "A thousand pardons, master elf, this shameful one but assumed, based on your pleasing contralto voice and lithe physique! This unworthy one humbly requests you allay your wrath, for no offense was intended. Nonetheless, this one is now indebted to you, under the auspices of the Debt of Shame. This one shall endeavor to remain close to you constantly, until such time as the Debt has been repaid. Master Elf, please also forgive this foolish one's ignorance regarding caves. This one is much more at home in the Hanging Gardens of Punjabi, whose beauty I will describe to you in great detail as we travel..."

Illov growls to himself and hefts his axe and starts towards the cave entrance.

"Iz too much talk. Ve go now, or dis whole thing take eons!"

OOC: Unless anyone acts to stops him, Illov will move forward to the junction.
Mijab follows along, staying close to Elephan. He will light a torch if necessary.

Last edited:

Remove ads