D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Quickleaf

Legend
Ah, I see! Should I wait for that document to be available to me, I wonder? I could probably get something reasonable with reflavored core rules...perhaps a smattering of Elemental Evil or similar...

So, to grotesquely oversimplify, we have a tanky melee guy, an elemental caster, a cleric and a druid with a little multiclassing.

Caster is a sorceror, so may also be a face, but probably hasn't got a lot of utility magic.

So perhaps a wizardly caster for other types of magic...or perhaps another frontliner? Or an eldritch knight or bladesinger for a mix?

Hmmm!

It's a very charismatic group from what I recall. I remember everyone had 14 or better Charisma, and training in Persuasion almost seemed de rigueur. Interestingly, no one was proficient in Stealth.

Jago

Explorer
With Najiyah dressed so brightly and acting so cheerfully extroverted, I think our only chance of stealth would be to literally razzle-dazzle folks with Performance checks, a la Richard Gere, and sneak by while they're still applauding.

Although I think she also had like a Mirage Spell which was really neat, and I think our other casters had some similar abilities? Maybe?

Foxbytes

First Post
With Najiyah dressed so brightly and acting so cheerfully extroverted, I think our only chance of stealth would be to literally razzle-dazzle folks with Performance checks, a la Richard Gere, and sneak by while they're still applauding.

Although I think she also had like a Mirage Spell which was really neat, and I think our other casters had some similar abilities? Maybe?

Someone in the party with actual stealth would be lovely. I'll have to refresh myself on all of the chars, including my own spell list.

Shayuri

First Post
I can totally do a sneak!

Hell, with that eastern flair, perhaps a shadowmonk ninja? Or no, more Arabian in flavor...like one of those shadowy guild Assassin Creedian types...

Jago

Explorer

Hell, with that eastern flair, perhaps a shadowmonk ninja? Or no, more Arabian in flavor...like one of those shadowy guild Assassin Creedian types...

*Prepares for a game filled with every rooftop Mamluk crying "HASHASHIN!" 24/7*

Quickleaf

Legend

That could work nicely! "Holy slayers" are a basically modeled after the original Hassassins, and there are different holy slayer societies in Zakhara. There's a "Holy Slayer" background, and could incorporate that into the story.

Or...if you prefer someone more scoundrel-ish like Aladdin, the "Sly Fox" rogue sub-class is a good choice. Would fit in with a group of PCs with the gift of gab...with features like Fast Talking, Tumbling, and Slippery...and is a natural for Tajar, City of Trade.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases