[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Quickleaf

Legend
Oh, question [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]. Do you care what tense we write in? We're all just doing our own thing, I don't know if you care or not. :)
I think I've been consistently doing present tense... maybe I've slipped up sometimes, I can do that. :) Write however you guys like to, I'm not going to judge! I use present tense because that's the tense I associate with gaming, whereas past tense I associate more with literature.

I should have another IC post up today or tomorrow (Hooray, a real weekend) that gets Flynn into the neighborhood of the rest of the group.

His INT (History) check on Blackbeard 1d20+2= 17, roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=118308

Woohoo! Welcome to the game! Thanks to you and the other guys joining for your patience.

So, Blaise Flynn knows 2 things about Blackbeard...

First, he knows that Blackbeard's Spanish woman wears a black veil, as Blaise Flynn ran across her at one of the liquor trading houses that Blaise Flynn frequents. The Spanish woman was purchasing a bottle of absinthe. It was one of the only occasions she left the old governor's manor, and the shopkeeper seemed to know her by name...Laticia, perhaps? From what Blaise Flynn could make of her complexion the woman may have some Moorish ancestry and would be described in Blaise's words as "a rare beauty" (or something to that effect).

Second, from Blaise's Flynn travels on Blackheart's ship, he learned that Blackbeard led the push to repel French and Spanish forces trying to occupy Nassau in 1703 in the wake of Governor Trott's death. After the fighting, Blackbeard wasted no time instating himself in the governor's old manor as if he'd always belonged there.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] How old is Flynn? Might Kat remember him? Or, do you have approximate years he was on the ship? I'm sure the old salty been around forever dwarf would recall him if he's not too drunk lol

pathfinderq1

First Post
[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] How old is Flynn? Might Kat remember him? Or, do you have approximate years he was on the ship? I'm sure the old salty been around forever dwarf would recall him if he's not too drunk lol

Flynn is OLD, though he appears to be in his late 20s or so. The last time he saw Katerina was more than 20 years ago, when she was barely a toddler, so it is unlikely that she remembers him. Zef might remember him, as he was an important crew member for several years back then- but if he does remember, he would note that Flynn doesn't seem to have aged in the intervening 20 years...

Fenris

Adventurer
Flynn is OLD, though he appears to be in his late 20s or so. The last time he saw Katerina was more than 20 years ago, when she was barely a toddler, so it is unlikely that she remembers him. Zef might remember him, as he was an important crew member for several years back then- but if he does remember, he would note that Flynn doesn't seem to have aged in the intervening 20 years...

Yeah but Zef doesn't look like he's aged either. Old dwarfs always look old, especially to humans :p

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[5e] Spell & Crossbones (FULL for now)

Lol fenris.

Just as a little aside, I think it's in everyone's best interest to sort of integrate everyone into the group to get the game moving more smoothly. So in other words, Katerina wouldn't necessarily just accept / trust others so easily (as I am sure most of us and our characters might not do either). Aka, don't judge the Captain too harshly here for being accepting ;)

Did that make sense? Lol I'm not sure I came up with the right words I just want to give a little insight.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] I'm finally getting to that other magic item I owe you! I have two directions I'm thinking about, but each has story implications, so maybe you can sound off on which you prefer story-wise?

One is an engagement ring from the arranged marriage Blaise fled, some kind of blessing that twisted into a minor curse as well. This would make his jilted fiancé part of the cast of NPCs rather than a faceless part of Blaise's past.

The other is an amulet bearing the cross of the Knights of Malta he looted from Anton's plantation, with some kind of dark magic spells reflecting the knights becoming "mercenary sea dogs" during this time period. However, it would have some kind of connection to Anton Fontaine, allowing him to spy upon Blaise in a limited capacity.

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] I'm finally getting to that other magic item I owe you! I have two directions I'm thinking about, but each has story implications, so maybe you can sound off on which you prefer story-wise?

One is an engagement ring from the arranged marriage Blaise fled, some kind of blessing that twisted into a minor curse as well. This would make his jilted fiancé part of the cast of NPCs rather than a faceless part of Blaise's past.

The other is an amulet bearing the cross of the Knights of Malta he looted from Anton's plantation, with some kind of dark magic spells reflecting the knights becoming "mercenary sea dogs" during this time period. However, it would have some kind of connection to Anton Fontaine, allowing him to spy upon Blaise in a limited capacity.

I love both of those so much. You're a cruel man to make me pick. I'm hopeful that both of those threads will pop up to cause complications, but let's go with the ring since I think at this point that's something that Blaise will never see coming.

Remove ads