[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Quickleaf

Legend
After rereading through everything that's been posted, I'm having a little bit of confusion understanding what we are offering Blackbeard for the ship. Clearing the spirit, yes, but what more than that... I'm not certain. We haven't agreed to either of his inital asking prices, the treasure or what the dwarf captain knows. So, I'm a little lost. I will try to get Jon to sit down and go over it with me tonight and post tmorrow but I would say I already feel bad making everyone eait on me so feel free to move forward if you want to.

Matthan's big post was a whole lot of self-described "puffery." :) The current deal on the table has a lot of unresolved variables...depending on your perspective that could be something you exploit to your advantage, something Blackbeard leverages against you, or just keeping the agreement flexible between pirates. Anyhow, here's the current verbal deal:

Blackbeard will grant title to The Coral Curse on 3 conditions:
  1. Perform one of two quests for him: the Seawolf's treasure or Piet Hien's secret.
  2. Ensure Baron Pointis doesn't get Le Ge Rouge (very clearly some conflict of interest between Blackbeard & Blaise / Nia here, so the deal settled on a "least common denominator" solution which could become conflict if/when you find Le Ge Rouge.
  3. Exorcising the dark spirit, dealing with whatever curse it has, and restoring the ship are entirely up to you.

Quickleaf

Legend
After rereading through everything that's been posted, I'm having a little bit of confusion understanding what we are offering Blackbeard for the ship. Clearing the spirit, yes, but what more than that... I'm not certain. We haven't agreed to either of his inital asking prices, the treasure or what the dwarf captain knows. So, I'm a little lost. I will try to get Jon to sit down and go over it with me tonight and post tmorrow but I would say I already feel bad making everyone eait on me so feel free to move forward if you want to.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Matthan's big post was a whole lot of self-described "puffery." :) The current deal on the table has a lot of unresolved variables...depending on your perspective that could be something you exploit to your advantage, something Blackbeard leverages against you, or just keeping the agreement flexible between pirates. Anyhow, here's the current verbal deal being proposed:

1. Perform one of two quests for him: the Seawolf's treasure or Piet Hien's secret.
  2. Ensure Baron Pointis doesn't get Le Ge Rouge (very clearly some conflict of interest between Blackbeard & Blaise / Nia here, so the deal settled on a "least common denominator" solution which could become conflict if/when you find Le Ge Rouge.
  3. Exorcising the dark spirit, dealing with whatever curse it has, and restoring the ship are entirely up to you.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Agreed. And, it changes a lot too. Like, once I finally figure things out it just starts doing things a different way. Glad to know I'm not the only one though.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Matthan's big post was a whole lot of self-described "puffery." :) The current deal on the table has a lot of unresolved variables...depending on your perspective that could be something you exploit to your advantage, something Blackbeard leverages against you, or just keeping the agreement flexible between pirates. Anyhow, here's the current verbal deal being proposed:

OKay, so I thought we basically only HAVE to do either choice of #1. Obviously we'll need to do #3 for ourselves. But #2... now we also "have" to do this? I just want to understand...

Quickleaf

Legend
Agreed. And, it changes a lot too. Like, once I finally figure things out it just starts doing things a different way. Glad to know I'm not the only one though.
It drove me to madness, so now I only access ENWorld from my laptop or home computer.

OKay, so I thought we basically only HAVE to do either choice of #1.
Correct. Either/or.

Obviously we'll need to do #3 for ourselves.
Yep.

But #2... now we also "have" to do this? I just want to understand...
Well, there is no "have to." We're just talking about the formative deal as it's being discussed (between Blaise and Blackbeard until this point), so nothing is set in stone yet.

Anyhow, the reason #2 was added to the deal was that Blackbeard was asking for you to retrieve Le Ge Rouge de Petro (The Red Eye of Petro) as part of the deal. However, Nia and Blaise recognized it as a "black magic" item/artifact, and moreover Blaise seemed to have some personal stake in the item. Curious, they pressed Blackbeard about his specific interest in Le Ge Rouge, and Blackbeard said he mainly wanted to keep it out of the hands of Baron du Pointis*. So Blaise proposed #2 as a compromise.

*Baron du Pointis organized the raid on Cartagena wherein La Gloriosa was lost.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Got it. There must be SOME treasure down there... no wonder why we're searching for it ;)

I made a post, hoping to get everyone going. I don't mean to rush out, I just assumed as no one else was talking that everyone was done there? I could be wrong and we certainly don't have to get going. :D

Also, to QL or anyone else, I am still on massive doses of narcotics, so if I write something that seems odd, or off, just ask me about it, it probably just didn't come out the way I meant it. Assume that it didn't lol and I'll straighten it out. I did not realize how tough knee replacement rehab would be in terms of pain - ouchie ouch and time - 3 months long. They do keep you on the pain meds to help you get the most our of the therapy and even now I'm on them 24/7 to help me sleep and walk and everything. I'm only 2 weeks out so I don't know where I thought I would be but yeah, if it seems wonky it probably is!

Remove ads