• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Survivor - 5th Edition Survives! [+]

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
Not surprising. More than 50% of the fanbase are new with 5E.
I have been playing since 1980 and I probably played 2nd edition more than any of them, but if the question is which is the best rules set or game, I would vote for 5th edition hands down.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Not surprising. More than 50% of the fanbase are new with 5E.
I suspect that folks who are no longer able to upvote 3.X or 4E are now upvoting 5E. Because for better or worse, the 5th Edition Rules still carries many elements of the third and fourth editions. The older options, not so much.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
BECMI Dungeons and Dragons 23
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 20 - 2 = 18
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 19

In the spirit of being a + thread, while I never played 2E it certainly did solidify the ruleset of AD&D compared to 1E. For example, it got rid of the monstrosity that was Comeliness (introduced in the original Unearthed Arcana and repeated in the 1E Oriental Adventures). I mean sure, many groups threw out Comeliness once they figured out it was a (imho) totally messed up seventh stat, but 2E made it official. :)

Cheers :)

Edited for spelling, cuz I cannot today.
I keep seeing this in the thread and have resisted up until now some constructive feedback.

When you change your font color to black it renders your post unreadable to someone using the dark theme for this site (at least when using Chrome on an Android phone).

Might I suggest a medium grey?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads