D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part VIII: Mystic, aka Psion)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It does in my book, but this isn't my Survivor series... 🤷‍♂️
The whole point and purpose of these little Survivor threads is to have fun--I'm not interested in trying to define what D&D materials should be allowed in the D&D canon, or which ones are "more official" than others. There's nothing official or scientific about this little internet game, and no prizes are being awarded. But I had to draw a line somewhere, and that line is "anything written and published by Wizards of the Coast."

Personally, I think it's fun to look back over these old Unearthed Arcana playtests -- I like to see how much things have changed in the years since, and I like comparing them to the versions that made it into books and those that didn't. Others might go the opposite direction, and maybe it's fun for them to look back over these UA articles and mock them from the balcony like Statler and Waldorf. That's cool too.

Just as long as people are having fun.

200.gif

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
The whole point and purpose of these little Survivor threads is to have fun--I'm not interested in trying to define what D&D materials should be allowed. There's nothing official or scientific about this little internet game, and no prizes are being awarded.

Personally, I think it's fun to look back over these old Unearthed Arcana playtests and see how much things have changed in the years since, and compare them to the versions that made it into books and those that didn't. Others might go the opposite direction, and have lots of fun looking back over these UA articles and mocking them from the balcony like Statler and Waldorf. That's cool too.

Just as long as people are having fun.

200.gif
That's fine, but it puts a lot of people at a distinct disadvantage if they want to participate since I would imagine they don't know much about UA content or ever used it (myself for one...). So, I'll just vote randomly unless someone takes me up on buying my vote. ;)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
The whole point and purpose of these little Survivor threads is to have fun
False. The whole point and purpose of the Survivor thread series is to determine the One True Best Class. The One Class that Everyone Should Play At All Times. To determine who was right to pick their class, and to demonstrate to the losers just how much their classes suck, and hear the lamentation of the players.
200.gif

ezo

I cast invisibility
Umm... I guess...

Order of the Avatar 16
Order of the Awakened 18
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 17
Order of the Soul Knife 18
Order of the Wu Jen 18

Order of the Avatar 16 - 2 = 14
Order of the Awakened 18
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 17
Order of the Soul Knife 18
Order of the Wu Jen 18 + 1 = 19

Order of the Avatar 14
Order of the Awakened 18
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 15 (-)
Order of the Soul Knife 19 (+)

Order of the Wu Jen 19

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Order of the Avatar 14
Order of the Awakened 18
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 15 + 1 = 16 Kind of neat. Emphasizes flexibility, and teleport powers are cool.
Order of the Soul Knife 19 - 2 = 17 Honestly, really dull, just stabs and nothing else. Not even bonus disciplines.
Order of the Wu Jen 19

see

Pedantic Grognard
Order of the Avatar 15
Order of the Awakened 18
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 16
Order of the Soul Knife 17
Order of the Wu Jen 17

Aldarc

Legend
Order of the Avatar 15
Order of the Awakened 18+1 = 19
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 16
Order of the Soul Knife 17
Order of the Wu Jen 17-2 = 15 ugh

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Order of the Avatar 15
Order of the Awakened 19
Order of the Immortal 17
Order of the Nomad 17 - it teleports. Therefor, it is cooler than the others.
Order of the Soul Knife 15
Order of the Wu Jen 15

Remove ads