D&D 5E 5e - Tales of the Old Margreve (Roll20) Campaign Recaps

Nebulous

Legend
This is the Kobold Press Midgard campaign setting, and in particular the adventure book focusing solely on the Margreve Forest. We started at 1st level and the campaign is still ongoing. There is no set end point, but probably won't go past 7th or 8th level. The adventure is being run in Roll20. It makes heavy use of the Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex, so a lot of foes are new and unknown to the players (who are a seasoned D&D group). Hope you enjoy. Comments are welcome.

Session #1 - Levoca

Box

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Has anyone else run this campaign? The scenarios are not really connected, it is more of a grab bag of interesting stuff and lots of lots of plot hooks for DMs to flesh out. I think I would have preferred it more linear, just to save some time. I'm having to thread a more coherent storyline through the campaign and weave in extra material.

Haven't run it. But do you NEED a coherent storyline? Could you just run a series of episodic scenarios and see what stories emerge organically? (Apologies if that's less than helpful.) Looking forward to these recaps!

Nebulous

Legend
Haven't run it. But do you NEED a coherent storyline? Could you just run a series of episodic scenarios and see what stories emerge organically? (Apologies if that's less than helpful.) Looking forward to these recaps!
That's what I've done :) A thread has emerged and that's the one I will generally weave through to the end.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases