D&D 5E 5e - Tales of the Old Margreve (Roll20) Campaign Recaps

Eis

Explorer
Did you read the first 9 sessions back to back? Yes, I guess that would be a cliffhanger. Our sessions aren't more than 2 hours apiece and sometimes shorter. On the OTHER hand, the many hours it takes to prep and then recap a session, two hours is fine with me.
yes I read all 9 last night, it was very cool, nice short write ups

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but...in one of my campaigns, the PCs will be heading from Phandalin into Neverwinter Wood to take down a coven of hags. I'd love to have them confront the hags in a Zelda-style giant tree or other notable structure. I want some creepy evil combined with an awesome action set piece. Do you think there's anything in Tales from the Old Margreve that I might be able to use (or use as inspiration) for something like that?

Nebulous

Legend
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but...in one of my campaigns, the PCs will be heading from Phandalin into Neverwinter Wood to take down a coven of hags. I'd love to have them confront the hags in a Zelda-style giant tree or other notable structure. I want some creepy evil combined with an awesome action set piece. Do you think there's anything in Tales from the Old Margreve that I might be able to use (or use as inspiration) for something like that?
I've run Phandalin and Neverwinter and hags from 1st edition DnD to Strahd and the damn covens haunting Barovia, Good question my friend! I think you already answered the question yourself. Have a creepy tree as a set piece. Obviously some of the story I presented inspired your imagination. Just take it and run with it :) Lots of the creepy stuff of Old Margreve I added from patreon maps. And NO- if what you want is just a creepy fight with hags, you don't need Margeve to do that.

Nebulous

Legend
Did that help any? The Margreve doesn't have anything in particular that's going to enhance a hag scenario, so I wouldn't buy it just for that. Curse of Strahd however has multiple hag set pieces, and that would be something you could steal from.

Did that help any? The Margreve doesn't have anything in particular that's going to enhance a hag scenario, so I wouldn't buy it just for that. Curse of Strahd however has multiple hag set pieces, and that would be something you could steal from.
Very helpful. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases