D&D 5E 5e - Tales of the Old Margreve (Roll20) Campaign Recaps

Nebulous

Legend
Margreve Session #21 - The Streets of Zobeck

Box

So now we are diving into Zobeck for a little while. This is not officially a part of the Margreve adventure, although Zobeck is adjacent to the forest and intimately connected to the Shadow Fey and the forest economy. Kobold Press has a wonderful (really wonderful) sourcebook devoted solely to Zobeck, plus a book of just Zobeck city adventures (although I'm not really using that one). Honestly, I am more impressed by everything KP puts out than any of the WotC official products anymore.

The Zobeck Gazeteer isn't an adventure in itself, but it is so packed with plot hooks, NPCs and potential story threads that it could be.

Nebulous

Legend
Margreve Session #23 - The Broken Seal
Box

I think I can honestly say that I have had more fun building maps and props in Roll20 than even in person. They're faster to do, and the limits are endless. That keg golem still makes me giggle.

Due to the sandbox nature of Zobeck and the PCs can go wherever they want at anytime, I had to prepare a number of extra maps, some random encounters, some set pieces, but there are as of now 20+ locations in and around the city to explore. I can tell now that some they will never see, which is kind of a bummer.

It ALSO makes me wish a company would release a city map package with dozens and dozens of individual locations already fleshed out with hyperlinked battlemaps. I would gladly pay for such a product.

Last edited:

Remove ads