5E War of the Burning Sky [IC]

Sezarious

Explorer
Kyrrie moves through to the front of the burning building. He checks for any other companions wishing to help. The heat of the flames getting more intense by the second. He yells out to the woman, "You're going to have to jump! One of us will catch you!" With that, he prepares to catch the woman.

GreenKarl

First Post
Toby could do little to help catch those that might jump but maybe he could help one of the big folks catch someone... if need by. He will try and watch and see where the woman might jump or if they would at all and then go to the aid of whomever is closes to catching the individual...

OOC: Toby will try to give someone else an Advantage on whatever roll might be required to catch a falling person. Strength/Athletics maybe?

Schmoe

Adventurer
Kincaid takes a bandage out of his pack and hands it to Davaros. "Here, this will hopefully stop the bleeding until we can find a place to rest. That may still be quite some time, though." He looks at the swirling chaos in the streets and then back up at the burning building as he says that. Seeing the woman in the window he continues, "I... I'm not sure what we can do for her. Maybe we can find a safe passage through the building. It would be worth it to try, at least..." His voice trails off as he contemplates how helpless he feels at the moment.

[sblock=OOC] I know the bandage doesn't actually do anything, but it's the least that Kincaid can do to try to offer some help.[/sblock]

SuperZero

First Post
Kincaid took in the fire licking at the open door, the smoke from the windows, the terrible burns on the people who he knew had fled from the second or third floor, the fact that the victim had announced the stairs were filled with flame... He didn't think a route through the building was feasible.

Of course, the buildings on either side weren't aflame, and the three were connected, so there was a viable path to the roof.

Torrent unstrapped her shield and stood it up in the snow as she joined Kyrrie and Toby. "Catch her from that high up?" she said, looking somewhat doubtful. Her cloak flapped in the wind as she lowered her hood to get a better look. "If we had some way to catch her between several of us..." she said, her voice trailing off.

Sezarious

Explorer
Kyrrie looked up, then back to Torrent, then back up again and yelling... "WAIT A FEW SECONDS MORE!" He turns back to Torrent, "Like a, a net!"

Kyrrie hurriedly drops his pack to the side, pulling his thick woollen blanket from it before looking to the others. "If four of us can hold a corner tight, we'll soften her fall. Come on guys! If any of you have a net, we can double layer it and grip the netting!" He hurriedly spreads the blanket out and grips a corner tight.

Schmoe

Adventurer
"Better yet, does anyone have a rope? With a rope we could throw it to her so she could lower herself down, or climb up one of the neighboring buildings to give her some assistance. Unfortunately, rope is not something I thought to bring."

Sezarious

Explorer
"That building is burning! I don't think that hemp rope would survive for very long up there. Our best bet is to catch her I think. We couldn't use chain either, too heavy and it'll heat up too much," Kyrrie cried out in a slightly panicked tone for the woman above.

Matthan

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]This lady is up high, right? 3rd or 4th story? I think getting to her through the sky bridge is probably safer than her jumping. We at least need to try a safer option. If things go south, then we jump.[/sblock]

"She's too high up. The sky bridge might be safer and we might have a chance to keep the fire from spreading." Caleb whispers, "לציית," and then with his voice booming in a loud echo, he shouts, "Hold on! We're coming!" He mutters to himself, "הַדְרָכָה," while touching his forehead as he rushes towards the adjoining building. He shouts, "לציית," and the door flings open in front of him. He rushes to the skybridge to the roof and runs across looking for a way in.

[sblock=Actions]
Cast Thaumaturgy to enhance voice.
Cast Guidance for whatever action I'm going to need in a moment. (Concentration)
Cast Thaumaturgy to open doors in front of me (I'm assuming no one is locking their doors when they rush into the streets during an aerial bombing).
Cast Thaumaturgy whenever I encounter some flames to make them flicker and hopefully give me advantage on whatever skill check I need to get to the woman and get out.
The plan is to go across the skybridge to the roof of the burning building, get her out the same way, and then try to cut the bridge in some way to keep the fire from spreading to other buildings through it (if we get to that point, Thaumaturgy to project my voice to warn people below)

I don't know what skill you would like me to use, so here is a base roll.
WotBS Caleb skill check with guidance: 1D20+1D4 = [10]+[1] = 11
If you'll allow Acrobatics, it's +1. If it's Athletics, it's -1. If you'll give advantage from Thaumaturgy, then here's another roll.
WotBS Caleb skill check if advantage: 1D20 = [13] = 13
Guidance from the first roll would pop that to 14.
If anyone comes with me, I'll gladly provide support instead.
If any players care to go with me, feel free to narrate the above with you taking the lead and Caleb following behind.[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
"DAMN IT!" Kyrrie cursed aloud. He looks up to the woman above, he could feel her helplessness rising up inside him. He looks to the others. "Ok guys, if we've got Caleb going up, do we try and use the net as a last resort?"

[sblock=OOC]Good luck Matthan :) [/sblock]

Remove ads