D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Now I understand why you wouldn't want to go back. Oof.

<--------- lookit me over here with degrees in Textile and Fashion design.....

Fenris

Adventurer
Ha! I have an engineering degree. Nothing foody about it. :)

Well, engineering does have a strong industry side to it, but without those Ph.D.s in say materials science, a lot of new development is stagnant. New tools, new applications industry does well. But in engineering as well as science, you need a strong core of academicians to generate new basic science to advance the entire knowledge base. That isn't to say that some of them miss the forest for the trees however.......

Quickleaf

Legend
Sorry for being an absentee GM here :( I've just been swamped busy and just barely keeping up with my other game (Spell & Crossbones). After the dust settles this weekend, I'll have a better feel for whether or not I can continue GMing Witcher: Mother of Monsters. I really, really want to, but some life realities may limit me ability to do so.

Apologies! I'll post back here soon.

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're okay, even if you're busy. :)

Don't feel bad if you don't think you can continue either. It was a lot of fun, and I'd love to continue, but it is in the end just a game. There will always be others. Or perhaps it can be revived when your situation has calmed down. Just keep us informed.

Axel

First Post
+1 to Shayuri.

Fighting the RL monster always takes priority. Otherwise that sonofabitch hurts worse than a Grell with a surprise round.

Quickleaf

Legend
Better late than never? Eep!

Apologies to [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] for abandoning our RP. :(

I've finally managed to carve out more time for myself this summer and I'd love to run a Witcher game for those of you still interested.

Whether that means continuing our story or restarting, with the same characters or a mix of new/old or entirely new characters, I'm comfortable with any of the above.

Recently, I picked up Beyond the Wall and its "Heroes Young and Old" supplement (an OSR game inspired by the works of Ursula K. LeGuin and Lloyd Alexander), and the "character playbooks" & adventure design really inspired me narratively. The playbooks are phenomenal. Also, I've started following development of the official Witcher RPG from R. Talsorian and that's given me some fun ideas about combat and class design I'd be happy to play around with. Basically, I'm very flexible about the rules and open to input from you guys.

No hurries, obviously (I've been away from this thread since September last year!), but definitely give me a show of interest / availability, and if you are interested let me know your thoughts on whether you want to reboot the game or continue with the same PCs.

EDIT: I'd love to incorporate the playbooks from Beyond the Wall in some capacity. I realize the original characters were pretty well formed and 3rd-level already, but perhaps there's inspiration to be found from the playbooks even for experienced PCs. In many ways, they could replace/supplement 5e backgrounds (with lots of random tables to create facts about your past). For example, "while sitting around the campfire, you share stories of each others travels and tribulations and it's revealed..."

Anyhow, here's a list of all the playbooks. If you're interested, I can send the corresponding playbook your way.

[sblock=Playbooks]
Mage Types
Self-Taught Mage
Witch's Prentice

Rogue Types
Untested Thief
Young Woodsman

Warrior Types
Village Hero
Would-Be Knight

Elders
Dungeon Delver
Dwarven Mentor
Initiated Magician
Landless Noble
Learned Tutor
Recluse Wizard
Retired Veteran

Demihumans
Dwarven Adventurer
Dwarven Rune Caster
Elven Enchanter
Elven Highborn
Elven Ranger
Gnomish Godparent
Halfling Outrider

Nobility
Apprentice Court Sorcerer
Forgotten Child
Future Warlord
Gifted Dilettante
Knightless Squire
Nobleman's Wild Daughter
Novice Templar

Villagers
Assistant Beast Keeper
Devout Acolyte
Fae Foundling
Heir to a Legend
Last of a Fallen House
Local Performer
New Watchman
Reformed Bully[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hhheeerrrrrrrrrreeeee....... and you literally caught me over tthheerrreeeeee posting in the Pirates game. I'm totally IN for both. As time goes by I will be more and more reliable as I wean more and more off these frakkin meds. :D

Quickleaf

Legend
Hhheeerrrrrrrrrreeeee....... and you literally caught me over tthheerrreeeeee posting in the Pirates game. I'm totally IN for both. As time goes by I will be more and more reliable as I wean more and more off these frakkin meds. :D

You're not drugged up. You're "chemically inspired"!

Great, thanks for being forgiving of your poor insidious GM.

Remove ads