D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Quickleaf

Legend
Would there be any interest in adding something like a mountain dwarf paladin of vengeance to the group?

Sounds like a resounding 'yes' :)

Look over the PDF and the info in the first post of this thread - there is *alot* there - and let me know what sort of character you have in mind.
[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], I'm vetting your PC now... so far so good...

Axel

First Post
Could be a fun tie-in with Kynee's background. She works part time as a courier for the Dwarven underground. Not out of sympathy, mind you. Just for the money. :)

Aramalian

Explorer
okay, so this group seems amazing already! :) I've read the PDF, and I'm going to work on rereading the early posts in this thread today at "work"

Quickleaf

Legend
okay, so this group seems amazing already! :) I've read the PDF, and I'm going to work on rereading the early posts in this thread today at "work"

I'll try to offer a recap since the first 10 pages or so was kind of a prologue (with foreshadowing) of the PCs' travels over the mountains into the Valley of Flowers. And there was also that database crash that killed 3 months of data.

Basically, the party brought the half-elven NPC Odvara to the elves of Dol Blathanna for tutoring. Odvara is an undisciplined source whose power is erratic and possibly dangerous, though so far there's been no incident. The hand-off is supposed to go down in the village of Lower Posada. However, upon arriving in Lower Posada and speaking with villagers, they learn that the elves won't come to the village to meet because there is an entity (or possibly a myth) called "Old Nan the Hag" keeping them at bay due to an ancient pact. Apparently the villagers have a love/hate relationship with the elusive "Old Nan" who, when she visits, performs abortions and other taboo tasks while at the same time it is alleged she abducts children to eat. Complicating matters is the unlikely appearance of the sorceress Margarita Laux Antille, a master on curse magic, in Lower Posada who claims that Odvara may be cursed under the sign of the Black Sun, and wishes to perform a test on Odvara. The party has mixed reactions to this. That evening, they decide to investigate "Old Nan's house", a dilapidated ruin in town, and when Elora touches a mortar and pestle radiating magic, her wild magic is unleashed and a blood moon rises in the night sky as drowners attack...

Axel is playing Kynee, a human cat witcher with roguish/criminal tendencies.
Fenris is playing Ferus, a human griffon witcher who is fights sword-and-board.
Queenie is playing Elora, a half-elven source (sorceress) with elder blood / way of the wise.
Shayuri is playing Talashia, a human source (sorceress) with storm origin.
Azurewraith is playing Tamaran, an elven ex-Squirrel scout with a beast companion.

Last edited:

Remove ads