D&D 5E 5th Edition Character Obituaries

MortalPlague

Adventurer
(I couldn't find a thread started yet, so I figured I'd kick one off.)

Here we recall the past deeds and glories of fallen heroes. Here we recall the heroism, or lack thereof, that led to their death. And here we recall all the gory details. And then have a good chuckle about it.

Here we remember Syrma, a female dragonborn monk of the fifth level. Her party wound up in combat with an Oni, in league with a group of werewolves. Though she'd taken grievous wounds, Syrma continued the fight, closing to battle one of the werewolves in melee combat. With only three hit points remaining, she was caught in the Oni's cone of cold. Two adventurers fell unconscious, but Syrma was frozen solid, dead on her feet.

The Oni escaped. Orr'gesh will pay for what he has wrought. And Syrma will always be remembered for her valor, her gentle nature, and the brilliant color of her crimson scales.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Nobody else has perished? :)

We also had a TPK, along with a whole host of deaths in our Rise of Tiamat game. But I don't want to dominate the thread with my own tales.

Wolfskin

Explorer
Halfling Rogue character whose name was erased from History. While running LMoP for the first time, the player declared his character would try to rob everybody while they slept and join the goblins at Cragmaw Cave. The goblins ate him.

PnPgamer

Explorer
Woe is the misfortune that Markov the gnomish inventor wizard, who ended up dead as he was stricken down by a mad lizardman shaman. Using cowardly poisoned blowdarts to ensure Markovs demise. Others were too late to save him from external bleeding... As they had fallen down, except elf rogue, who managed to save everyone else.

Unwise

Adventurer
Jim will always be remembered for having a stupid name for a dragonborn sorcerer. He will also be remembered by the huge crater he left where the Neverene Woods once stood. After finding the munitions supply of the hidden invading army, he used up all of his fire spells fighting past the guards. This left him with only his 25' long dragon breath to light all of the explosives on fire. He will also be remembered for dying to a 5d100 damage roll, a hallmark yet to be beaten.

aramis erak

Legend
S. the assassin went out to kill some cultists.
Cultists had hired an assassin to kill Sarc.
They met in the dark...
Assassin got the drop on S, then critted twice.
Rest of party lugged his rotting corpse to the next town to get him rezzed... slung under the wagon in his own bedroll...

He was dead 5 days...

... and he got better.

Rod Staffwand

aka Ermlaspur Flormbator
Here lies Rowan the Thief, who also lies over there and over there and there's that little bit in the next cave. He was a rogue good and brave, risking life and a reduction of his hit point maximum to steal the demon statue's battle axe +1 so that the party's fighter might smacketh down yon enemies.

But fortune was not with poor Rowan, whose low Constitution rolls versus the ghoul horde were his undoing. Also his AC was sadly neglected and ghouls burrowing out of a wall to surprise the back line is dirty pool, but that is neither here nor there.

We shall remember him, though, perhaps not for his deeds or personality or for his refrain "ALL my actions are cunning!". Nay, we shall remember him for engendering a lengthy and spirited debate to answer the question "Do ghouls poop?"

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Here lies Brumby the Thief
Who sat in the back in relief
But when the troll got mad
Brumby rolled bad
And alas was digested as beef.

Remove ads