• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

6 Eagle Down (Judge : Garyh)

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ts'Iri IC post about what she knows. This'll happen before we get to Castor's[/sblock]
"Castor? Let me think...

If I recall he a fence of high end exotic art pieces that pretends to be an innkeeper. He's got hired thugs from Riser's gang. Nasty bunch and there leader, Rinch, is immortal or something. Can't be killed from what I've heard.

Been some strange rumors about Rinch lately. It's said he's dealing with necromancers, zombies and such. They say he's the reason for the attacks in Fisherman's Alley and Vena's Grace hospital. I hear his contacts are drying up because of it."

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I've put Callen's icon on the map for you. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Hehe. It slipped my mind that you were subscribed. As you can see, I recycled that map. I am not doing an ambitious 4 level mess this time, though. If VB goes down, I can recreate the Inn (and only the bar at that) easily enough.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Scenes from the Tavern said:
Mri'Thas is suddenly taken by the warforged poetical rhythm. "Very good indeed my friend. I was oblivious of your capacity to perform poetical deeds like that"
With the stoical face that characterizes the gith, the mage nods to 7 Rabbits. "As my comrades say, we'll face whatever comes at the best of our abilities."

Mri'Thas remains calmed and silent for the moment been. His eyes goes from one thug to the other, a darting glance, resembling that of a predatory bird. His mind, as sharp as his gaze, analyzes the situation, excruciating the ruffian's words, searching for lies, or misleading information. He knew how people that are lying move and behave. He'll notice that. He was certain.

Insight: 24

Ozymandias79

First Post
The hulking warforged has trouble entering the inn because of his bulk and accidentally rips off a part of the oaken door when he forces his way through with his strength alone, the guards moves out of his way in fear which also explains why the party wasn't stopped at the entrance as the massive warforged paved the way for the others. As he still holds the remnants of the door in his hand, he walks over to the table which Castor is sitting and drops the splinters on the table and says, "Sorry! I Can't Promise I Won't Break Anything Else!" then he adds mumbling "... Or AnyONE Else" while moving to stand guard over the wizards and stares intently at Castor.

[sblock=Details]
Intimidate check:1d20+7=17
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]That's three +2 to bonus, that can be used in a block or split them.

For the sake of RP: Soldier bought you credibility (You can't be bullied around) while the two insight check, whispered to their allies, indicate that Castor was concerned before you arrive and is now more so as he sees ''two of his items'' coming back in front of him with different owners.

This is no reason to press hm too hard; he has a lot of goons throughout the inn.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Woah, I expected to have some time to plan our approach - I was half thinking of breaking in...

Can I use Fevered Certainty of Caiphon to get +5 to a skill check? (I'll wait until we're losing, I just want to know if I have the option...)

For an icon, how about
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit pushes his way to the front. "Two of your items?" he asks, brows quirking. He dangles the amulet on its chain in front of Castor's eyes. "Clearly, this is one of them. You weren't expecting to see it again, were you? You thought you'd gotten rid of... the curse!" He lets his voice go melodramatically low. "Did you start seeing the visions before you found some sucker to buy it? You look pretty solid - I suppose you got rid of it before you started turning into a wraith. Well, the poor fool you sold it to wasn't so lucky."

Rabbit slips the talisman back under his cloak. Conspiratorially, he says, "I hear he swore eternal vengeance against you. You should probably keep your windows locked. You're lucky I found you... I might be able to lift the curse, if you'll help me."

[sblock=OOC]
If it's allowed to use Religion to make the "curse" sound believable, I'll use that (and not spend any of the accumulated bonuses). Otherwise, Bluff, using +4 of the bonuses. I rolled both, but the Bluff is just if you don't accept Religion in this circumstance: Religion to make the curse sound believable; Bluff (with full bonus) only if Religion is not allowed (1d20+9=11, 1d20+3+4=17)

Dagnabbit. I hope you don't accept religion...
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hehe. That religion stuff is pretty clever. I'll accept that as a free support check, which is successful (DC11). So you only used one of the three accumulated support check. I will also accept bluff in that context as a skill counting toward the tally.

1 Success 0 Failure

'Bank' of bonus : 2 X +2 bonus

It was a risky gambit, even using +4 in bonuses, but very clever. 7 Rabbit gains a permanent +2 bonus to all further checks in this challenge as long as he can keep working this religious mumbo jumbo in his argumentation.

Only Kam'azer and Ts'Iri can contribute checks to the first round of the skill challenge.
[/sblock]

Castor snorts incredulously as 7 Rabbit starts speaking but slowly the lies worms their way into his mind. A shade of worry appears in his eyes.

-''Are you threatening me, you loony?'' he says agressively. One of the guard looks evilly at 7 Rabbit and waits for a signal to attack that does not come. The other guard on the other seems disturbed by this talk of curse.

-''What'cha want, and why are you wearing this pendant if it is cursed?'' Castor says, regaining his composure.

[sblock=OOC]You (As in: the whole party) probably need to dial down the agression for the next few lines but you have made him worry and this certainly count as a success.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"No, I'm not threatening you!" 7 Rabbit says hurriedly. "I want to help you!"

[sblock=OOC]
No check here, this is just a free action to (hopefully) indicate where I'm going with this to my allies.
[/sblock]

Remove ads