• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

6 Eagle Down (Judge : Garyh)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"No, I'm not threatening you!" 7 Rabbit says hurriedly. "I want to help you!"

[sblock=OOC]
No check here, this is just a free action to (hopefully) indicate where I'm going with this to my allies.

EDIT: a token for 7 Rabbit
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed. I know of several legends where an item is only cursed to people outside of the rightful owners in a family." Kama'zer says with a knowing glance beneath her single arched eyebrow. "The Heart of Manshoon, the Tyraxus Blade, and Coren's Cape to name but a few. The rightful owners have nothing to fear, and can sometimes even decree the curse lifted from one who was exposed to it unknowingly...

"But I was also wondering which other item you see upon one of us is a former item of yours?"

[sblock=OOC]Trying this with a different skill here to bolster 7 Rabbits argument: History check (1d20+9=27)

If that doesn't fly as one that can gain a success on its own then I'll fall back to this instead: Diplomacy check (1d20+5=16)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You are troubled, I can see that. Perhaps you are worried because you know what is he speaking about. I'll suggest cooperation, since none of us wish to speak to each other, let us finish this as soon as possible." states plainly the wizard, with wizardly gestures.

OOC: Using my insight check, and a diplomacy roll if needed. 15

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock]Kam'Azer: Well, history isn't bluff... but it sure can support it.

As a matter fact, the way you presented your lines make it seem more like bluffing than diplomacy. But hey, you got the same bonus to both.

So that's 1 success toward the tally and I'll let that great history check add to the support bonus bank.

Mr'Ithas : What you RPed was clearly the (first) attempt at diplomacy. Take one success from the bank and that 15 yields another success.

3 success 0 Failures

2 X +2 bonus available in the 'bank'.

PS : You pretty much got him as convinced as he's gonna be that this curse stuff is serious. Any more bluffing would need a new angle. On the other hand, Intimidate has been unlocked as a skill that can be use to accumulate successes.[/sblock]

Castor seems seriously distracted by this talk of curse... he remains somewhat defiant though. Surely a man in his line of work know a few exorcists that might help. He is certainly concerned, though.

Kama'Zer said:
-"But I was also wondering which other item you see upon one of us is a former item of yours?"

-''Hum? Oh, blondie over there... I mean yellow skin, not yellow hair. Her.'' he says pointing Tsi'Ri. ''Her necklace is also one of mine. Wait, it didn't have these weirds marking when I sold it, though. Is that some sort of script? I thought it was almost impossible to engrave something on this stuff.''

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit draws himself up pompously and intones, "Sir, I am Court High Astronomer of the Kingdom of Glad Weeping, of the Valley of Bone. I'm sure you're familiar with the Valley of Bone, where this amulet comes from..." He is distracted from his spiel as Castor points at Ts'iri, and turns to stare at her amulet. "Hm? Another? Do you sell a lot of amulets?"

[sblock=OOC]
Diplomacy (w/+2 for tying in the curse, +4 banked successes) (1d20+3+2+4=11)

Ouch.
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the delay. I've been trying the last few days but Enworld keeps timing out on me so my messages don't go through. If this goes through, I'll try an in game message next.
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
"It may indeed be the curse. Haven't you thought all this business with Rinch odd? If not you're pretty dense. Did you think you could traffic in these kind of objects and nothing would happen?" Ts'iri laughs.

"We heard about all the necromancers and zombies and figured that it wouldn't be long before your luck runs out, so we figured that we'd come and ask about OUR items before, well you know, it's too late to. You'll make a real cute zombie by the way." Ts'iri gives him an evil looking grin and giggles.

[sblock=OOC]Streetwise/bluff =

1d20+8=20Please apply whatever bonuses apply.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock]
Streetwise is a sucess. It can't be used anymore for success/failures (the idea was to establish that you knew what you were doing).

The streetwise check having been successful, the DC is lowered by 1

Mentioning the troubles with Castor's backer add a +2 success to the 'bank'

4 Success, 1 Failures

Banked bonus : 1 x +2

Currently Usable skills for the Challenge : Intimidate, Diplomacy DC 15

Usable skill for support :Insight DC 10 (I removed the possibility of some skills swinging both way because that could be problematic)

Bluff, History and religion can't be used anymore unless you find a new angle than the Curse.

Other skills : Suprise Me.

---

Number of Checks

7 Rabbit : 2
Mri'thas : 2
Soldier : 1
Callen : 1
Kama'Zer : 1
Ts'Iri : 1

Remember that you must win within 4 round, so no one can make more than 4 checks.
[/sblock]

Remove ads