• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

6 Eagle Down (Judge : Garyh)

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I don't understand why people keep posting Intimidate and stuff when Mal said clearly, "You need to sweeten the deal now." But, i guess it worked.
Actually he said 'Focus on lines that sweeten the deal if you want to get more of those +2 bonus to help'. So we only NEED to do that is we want a +2.

Soldier most likely did it because he has the intimidate skill and not diplomacy. [+5 for trained better than a +2 for 'sweetening']

I used intimidate because I could think of a good threat but I couldn't think of something to 'sweeten the deal' that worked for me. Hence my use of intimidate. [+2 for a good threat is as good as a +2 for 'sweetening' plus it reads better][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]All right. If I gave +2 to the previous, I pretty much have to give +2 to that. That'd a 14 on DC 15 but the lines are so dead on what would be needed to crack a guy whose back is to the wall that I will handwave it to a +3 and make it a success.
[/sblock]

-''All right. I don't see why I should protect his operations anyway if that jackass is going to endanger mine.'' Castor says suddenly.

-''Boss...'' one of the guard says warningly.

-''No! Rinch is starting to bring in more trouble than his protection is worth. I had a captain of the guard come in yesterday for a word and now this... this is no way to run a business. Beside, these two items have been acquired from his source in the asylum. Can you believe that? Not only is he causing trouble on his own, but even the merchandise he sends my way cause trouble, now! His source accounts for less than 5% of my stock but now accounts for 100% of my trouble! I don't know what that madman thinks he's doing, but it's not earning gold, that's for sure! I think that lunatic is in the business of being scary, plain and simple.'' Castor shouts at his bodyguard, plainly venting accumulated frustrations.

-''You want to know where I got this? It came from...''

-''ENOUGH!'' came a powerful voice from the stairs. ''You forget your place, Castor.'' A powerfully built human walks down from the second floor, wearing chaimail and bearing arms.

-''You are just a guest here, it is you who forget your place, Damien.'' Castor shoots back venomously.

-''Ah... yes, I think it is time to strip you down of some illusions. For example, you need to stop thinking that these are your men...'' Damien says smothly. On these words, the guards ominously close ranks and draw their weapons.

-''Sorry boss, but we can't turn on Rinch...'' says the closest bodyguard.

-''These meddlers must not continue their investigation. Kill them all.''

Pandemonium erupts in the tavern as the bystanders, who had already started moving away now rush toward the exits.

[sblock=OOC]As the guards have drawn their weapon, so have you. No surprise round.

Let me roll initiative and place everyone on the map. It might takes me until tomorrow as I have some stuff to do.

Obviously. you have a vested interest in keeping Castor alive. He's not a 1 hp minion so it shouldn't be too difficult.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
http://virtualbattlemat.com/game/street_level/

[sblock=Initiative]
1:7 Rabbit 2:Soldier 3:Tsi'Ri 4:Kama'Zer 5:Callen 6:Mri'Thas 7:Bad Guys (1d20+2=13, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+3=8, 1d20+9=20, 1d20+8=19)

Bad guys score 19. They are beaten by Kama'Zer and Mri'Thas.

BTW : in case of tie I use the rule 'Heroes go first on account that they are heroes.'

So:

Kama'Zer
Mri'Thas
BAD GUYS
EVeryone
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Damien

Perception 17
HP 102; Bloodied 51
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 16
Saving Throws +2
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Longsword (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+9 vs Armor Class; 1d8+6 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the Sergeant Villmore's next turn.

Goons/Guard

Perception 11
HP 37; Bloodied 18
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Speed 6
Mace (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d8+1 damage, and the human bandit shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Token]I had a warforged token laying around so I used it for Soldier. The Aztec image is of course 7 Rabbit, Callen helpfully has his name on the token while Kama'Zer has the Githyanki Token. Therefore a T and a M stands for Tsi'Ri and Mri'Thas.

Ozy, Voda and and Elec are welcome to send their own image so I can make token with them.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The githyanki mage watches as events unfold. He calmly pulls his sleevs up, freeing his hands and forearms.
"Soldier, please don't let those primates harm our informant." he asks to the hulking pile of moving metal.
He waves his hands in the air, chanting a spell. The magical energy takes the shape of a energy ball, that shoots from Mri'Thas extended hands, aimed to hit Damien, but it goes off, exploding on the wall and spraying a shower of razor shape shards over the nearby guard.

[sblock=Force Orb]
Primary Attack: 9
Secondary attack: 22
Secondary Dmg: 14
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer steps between the guards nearest Castor while drawing her scimitar. With a feint of her sword she draws the eyes and blade of the guard up high where she pretends to strike so she can barrel into his waist and shove him away from Castor and hopefully towards Soldier so the warforged can take a whack at him.

[sblock=Details/Stat block]Start of turn: n/a
Minor action: Draw scimitar
Move action: Shift from K10 to J9
Standard action: Opening Shove vs. Reflex of guard at J8 (1d20+8=15) This should push that guard 1 square. Don't know if the railing of the stairs behind him would allow him to be pushed back to J7 or K7 or if he would be shunted sideways to K8. Then I give Soldier the chance to either make a basic melee attack (if the guard can be pushed into a square adjacent to him) or for Soldier to shift up to 3 squares. Trying to get these guards away from Castor to keep him alive.
End of turn: n/a
[sblock=stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 4
Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +13
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 17, Will: 16 -- Speed: 5
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Opening Shove, Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word, Telekinetic Leap, Steel Monsoon
Lead the Attack, Exalted Armor, Cloak of Resistance, Shield of Bashing
Combat notes:-Commanding (Tactical) Presence: When ally who can see warlord spends an action point to make an attack, they gain +1 bonus on attack roll (1/2 Int modifier) and +3 bonus to damage from Tactical Assault feat[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier cleaves at the guard, with his greataxe tearing a chunk of flesh from him

[sblock=Details]
Free Action: Attack guard (1d20+8=24vsAC,11 damage, the guard is marked by Soldier and Soldier gains 4 temp hp)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Soldier stat Line]Soldier- Male Warforged fighter 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:12, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:44/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +2, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike , Steel Serpent Strike, Warforged Resolve, Lasting Threat, Boundless Endurance, Frost Weapon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Kama'Zer]In this case, I understand that you weren't sure whether or not I would allow the push so the following comments do not apply specifically to this situation, but:

Ideally, I want you to roll any attack that you grant or call out where you are making a PC shift.

Yes, it means that unlike at a tabletop, you will make the call as to whether opening shove will grant a basic attack or a free shift, and if it grants a shift, you will decide where.

It is important for the flow of the game. I.E. If you post an opening shove to the benefit of Soldier and then Callen and 7 Rabbit post before Soldier, they need to know if Soldier killed the target or if he moved (and where!).

---

As I said, in this case, it needed a DM call either way so this comment is just for future reference.[/sblock]

Kama'Zer pushes back a guard into Soldiers path. Soldier nearly kills the goon, taking repeated advantage of his vulneravilty as he is pushed around and tries to regain his position next to the warlord.

The guard then hesitates, thinking about killing Castor, but finally decide that Kama'Zer is a more pressing threat. He and his partner attack from both side and threaten to overwhelm the warlord.

Two other guards engage the wizards with surprising ineficiency, leaving them unscathed.

A new goon appear at the kitchen's door, ready to join the fray.

Damien lazily walks into the room, wielding a crossbow. Seeing no convenient opening, he casully unloads it on Callen.

-''Cone on, Tina!'' he bellows. ''I need them for today.''

-''Coming, coming!'' shouts back a female voice.

Growling can be heard and two hideous undead dog emerge from the basement.

Street Level on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
Soldier free basic attack vs Goon that was pushed to J7
vs AC 16 (1d20+8=13, 1d12+5=16) miss, Mark Goon

Replaced by
1d20+8=24, 1d12+5=11 rolled by Ozy.

The Goon shifts back to K8
Interrupt fom soldier
Immediate Interrupt vs AC 16 (1d20+8=27, 1d12+5=11) hit

Two goons attack Kamazer
Vs AC 20, with CA, set 1 has -2 for mark (1d20+7+2=26, 1d8+1=6, 1d6=3, 1d20+7+2=20, 1d8+1=5, 1d6=4) 2 hits, 18 damage

2 goons attack the wizards
1:Vs Mri AC 17 2:Charge +1 vs Callen 16 (1d20+7=12, 1d8+1=9, 1d20+7=11, 1d8+1=2)

Damien VS Callen
vs Callen AC 16 (1d20+8=23, 1d8+2=6)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Goon J8: 15/37 Marked (Soldier), bloodied

Callen : 26 / 32
Kama'Zer: 23 / 41
Soldier: 44 + 4 / 44

Damien

Perception 17
HP 102; Bloodied 51
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 16
Saving Throws +2
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Longsword (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+9 vs Armor Class; 1d8+6 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the Sergeant Villmore's next turn.

Goons/Guard

Perception 11
HP 37; Bloodied 18
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Speed 6
Mace (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs Armor Class; 1d8+1 damage, and the human bandit shifts 1 square.

Gravehound

Perception 11; darkvision
HP 54; Bloodied 27; see also death jaws and zombie weakness
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Refl ex 12, Will 11
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Bite (standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5
necrotic damage (save ends) and is knocked prone if it is Medium
size or smaller.
M Death Jaws (when reduced to 0 hit points) ✦ Necrotic
The gravehound makes a bite attack against a target within its
reach.
Zombie Weakness: Any critical hit to the gravehound reduces it to 0 hit points
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mri'Thas]I don't see the 2nd spellbook Utility for Mri'thas beside Shield.

Also, his AC on top of the sheet indicate 16 whereas the math section gives the correct 17.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Damn it, Ozy posted while I wrote my huge post!

Okay, I'll replace my roll by his. As I said, this case was special, but in the future Phoenix will roll the attack herself as part of her action.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads