Spelljammer 64-page Spelljammer books?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yeah, piracy is pretty clearly not the issue. Market confusion, however, is very possibly a motive: if WotC wants people to use Beyond and feel that it provides a superior experience, then they don't want to trip people up with what they see as a suboptimal choice.
Well, I'm sure they have figured out that it is optimal for them! I don't think it is about not tripping people up... ;)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, I'm sure they have figured out that it is optimal for them! I don't think it is about not tripping people up... ;)
No, market confusion is a big concern. If there are too many options fir purchase, it can prevent people from choosing one. If one is a trap option, even worse if someone gets it and finds it doesn't work in the Beyond App.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Morally, that's a neutral question objectively speaking. Financially for a corporation, quite possibly yes, and if so then ethically it would be the vest route for the company.
Financial does not equal ethical, no matter what the sharehders say. Not the point though.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Financial does not equal ethical, no matter what the sharehders say. Not the point though.
For an employee of a publicly held company, the financial good of the corporation and the shareholders is a major ethical consideration. It doesnoverrule all other considerations, but it is important.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
For an employee of a publicly held company, the financial good of the corporation and the shareholders is a major ethical consideration. It doesnoverrule all other considerations, but it is important.
This is why I'm against the idea of publicly held companies.

Remove ads