Spelljammer 64-page Spelljammer books?

Yup. It's really a lot less than I'd hope to see for a setting, especially as we're getting, what a probably less than 32 pages of actual setting, given the same book covers both PCs and options and the setting. Pretty weird to spend 64 pages on an adventure in that context, for my money. But WotC aren't getting my money for this so I can't talk!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If they're heavily referencing monster-books, including their one, and don't have any stat-blocks, they might be able to cram a fair bit in even at 3-5 pages - older adventures did - but I will be impressed if that is actually the case.
Just for the record, having gone back and looked: Dragon of Icespire Peak is 52 pages long, and the Adventure proper after introductory material and the hub location is 36 pages. Chris Perkins packs 14 Modules into there, an average of 2.5 pages each...with maps, and keyed locations, even.

I think he can deliver 12 small, episodic Adventures in 64 pages, with 4-5 pages each. Might be better for his process than being asked to stretch an idea to 256 pages.

dave2008

Legend
Yup. It's really a lot less than I'd hope to see for a setting, especially as we're getting, what a probably less than 32 pages of actual setting, given the same book covers both PCs and options and the setting. Pretty weird to spend 64 pages on an adventure in that context, for my money. But WotC aren't getting my money for this so I can't talk!
Is it something you want? I'm feeling like gift giving today.

Remove ads