D&D General 7 Wonders of the Natural World(s)

GuyBoy

Hero
B4DFEA69-C5FB-49BD-BF75-30B551856AB5.jpeg

The picture above is a (highly subjective) montage of the seven natural wonders of the world. Obviously it’s open to considerable debate, but that’s not really the idea of the post.
What would be the seven ( or different number if you feel so inclined) of the various worlds of D&D? What would be the breathtaking sights of The Forgotten Realms? The stunning scenic vistas of Greyhawk? The awe-inspiring landscapes of Eberron? Of Mystara? Of Ravenloft?

Just a bit of fun to speculate on natural beauty.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
This reminds me of an exploration-heavy game I ran in which characters would gain one-use abilities from discovering natural wonders.

For example, after finding a massive veil of waterfalls that covered an entire mountainside, they could think back on the peaceful, powerful sight and automatically succeed on a failed Wisdom saving throw.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Not in fantasy, but two spectacular things IRL I want to work in are:

Tepui of Venezuela and western Guyana

1648225610234.png

Cenotes of the Yucatan - how to build a major civilization without a major (above ground) river.

1648225701341.png

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
We've been watching some National Geographic's things on Disney Plus recently, and saw one that's not a wonder of the natural world, but is an amazing way to use what the natural world gives you - the water collection and distribution systems of the Nabataeans (with Petra being the most famous).

Near the mountains tops there would be channels to lead water from the massive downpours to giant cisterns. In the (most of the year very arid) lowlands, aqueducts and dams would collect the rainy season water and distribute it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases