7th Sea

Jago

Explorer
Still have not begun a 2nd Edition game though I want to in the absolute worst way. I tried to get a PbP of it going before The Crash but there was not a lot of interest.

aramis erak

Legend
That seems like a cool game but I have never actually played it.

Same core mechanics as 7th Sea 1E, but different character advancement.
I may, after the inevitable TPK (we're just going into the Clan War), introduce them to 7th Sea.

I have serious qualms about the L5R 2E engine vs it's character gen... as in, I think pools look too low for starting PC's. But I got the KS for the 1E books as reading material, more than playing material. John's older games are all excellent for that - especially Orkworld.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Orkworld isn't one that I am familier with at all.

When the 1st edition of these games were in production I wasn't in a position to buy a lot of books due to it all going to MtG and DnD stuff. A few of us did dabble in the L5R card game but never got a group together to play the RPG

aramis erak

Legend
Orkworld isn't one that I am familier with at all.

When the 1st edition of these games were in production I wasn't in a position to buy a lot of books due to it all going to MtG and DnD stuff. A few of us did dabble in the L5R card game but never got a group together to play the RPG

Orkworld isn't the same engine as the others. Premise: You're Orks. Ork Bards, Hunters, Mothers, and Shamans. And the Empire is trying to end you and all your kind. And the evil soul-sucking elves want to eat you and the humans. The Dwarves are all but unkillable, but fall just short of killing machines. Food is scarce, life is harsh.

Describing Orkworld's engine is ... not all that well presented. Roll (Stat+Skill)d6, keep the highest, doubles count as face+1, triples as face+2, etc. Some things are "Roll the pool, each die's result matters" (Hunting). Armor and damage work in a funky way that I don't recall easily.

As for older editions of 7th sea and L5R... L5R 1e-4e are all on DTRPG, as is 7th Sea 1E.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Orkworld sounds neat.

ALl the 7th Sea first edition stuff came with the 2nd edition kickstarter so I have all those. I love the setting.

Remove ads