8 years ago, the world ended... [4E]

SarahRequiem

First Post
A little over 8 years ago, you survived the end of the world. The land is scared and burned, rivers and lakes dried out many years ago, and as far as you know, the only creatures alive out there are wicked dark creatures from the depths of the earth and Tiefling Hunters. Life has not been easy for any of you, but the fact remains; You are still alive.

You are all currently living in an underground fortified hideout beneath one of the largest city in the region, along with 20 other people at most; mostly humans. You remember how this city was filled with life, never quite asleep. People from all over the land came here, either for trade, education, gold or fame. The buildings were tall and strong, with each district having a different structure style and pattern. Now all that still stand is the corpses of these buildings, rubbles, corpses and dust.

As you are about to lose hope, you hear echoes that Nolan, one the founder of this community recently got his hand on something that could save you all.

As the last of you enter the dimly lit room, you see Nolan standing behind a table, hunched down over a book and a large map of the region. To his side, you recognize Bale and Romero, two men in their 30s who act as scavengers when they venture out into the city to look for goods or survivors. On the right side of the table, you can see Darren, a young man with long dirty hair, staring at you.

Nolan looks up to you all and stands up straight, sporting a large smile on his tired face.

"My friends! This is it!" He says

[sblock=OOC]Feel free to introduce yourself at this point[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The wizard enters the room, over cautious, as always. Seen no posible threat, he stands normally, holding his staff in his right side. He takes a look at Nolan, not really knowing what was he talking about.
"What is it? Limitz do no understand your mumbling, speak clear, orc!" the madman points Nolan with his staff, and then place it by his side again. "Come on, come on, speak speak, I have important things to attend to! I don't have all the time in the world you know? I... I have to ehm... I have to... Well enough of me, what do you want?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Soon behind the wizard came a lumbering dwarf, encumbered by all sorts of arcane contraptions. What really drew the eyes was the large hand-cannon the dwarf claimed he scavenged at some point. Scavenged he must have, because at this point, no one had seen it work despite all of his "modifications".

Coming up the table, given the wizard a leery eye, Tragar glanced at the map. Shrugging, probably not recognizing anything, he went back to idly adjusting some components of the cannon. Come now, wizard. There be no orcs here or anywhere else. Try to focus on the task at hand. Chewing at the toothpick in his mouth, the artificer focused on Nolan. But the madman's got a point. What did you find? What's all the hub-bub?

renau1g

First Post
An elf enters the room after the others, slightly late to this important meeting. He carries little besides his two longswords one at his right and one across his back, the handle on his left shoulder and his shortbow, over his right. Additionally, he is wearing hide armour, he professes to have created it from his first kill, curing the hide over the course of a week before it was ready to use.

"Sorry for the delay" Solaris says, but offers no explanations. He stoically awaits the response from Nolan before adding anything further.

"Oh how I hate these walls, I cannot wait for the day when I can return to my forest. They always feel like they're closing in around me. I hope that Nolan has some useful information to get me out of here" The elf thinks as he waits and leans against the far wall.

Atanatotatos

First Post
A tall dark elf enters the room walking lazily, breathing out a little cloud of smoke from a rolled cigarette. Lukas gets a stool near with a foot and sits while taking a good drink from a dusty glass bottle containing some kind of alcohol. He crosses his legs, looks at Nolan and says nothing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Of course there are! Lots of them!" Limitz looks frenetically to his surroundings. "They are hiding now, yeeees...." the wizard adds. "But let us not lose the little focus such strange group as ours could get anyhow. I need reasons, explanations and a seat"

SarahRequiem

First Post
Nolan shakes his head before speaking

"where is that damned Benedict? Late as always..."

The old man grabs the book and lift it up for you to see.

"this my friends, is our Salvation. This is that glimps of hope we've been looking for" He lowers the book. "Thanks to Bale and Romero who found this diary on their last hunt. This is the diary of an elven scout who found out the location of an artifact that can save our world. Bring life back to the surface and cast these foul beast back into the depth of hell."

Without waiting for any answer, he flips the map over point to various locations

"Here is the temple of forgotten dragon where an old tome was found. From what I can understand, this temple was burried deep under the land, but the sudden changes in the landscape uncovered its secret location. And here..." Nolan points to the southern part of the city. "is where we found this diary. Unfortunately, the tome in question was nowhere to be found. He then points far to the north, at the high mountains. "This is where we beleive this artifcat is hidden. Deep within the mountains...."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Lukas stares at nolan for a few seconds, takes an intent look at his bottle, tips a little the cigarette with a finger, dropping some ash on the floor, and asks, sounding a bit uninterested: Yes? and what is there for us to gain in this search?

renau1g

First Post
Solaris looks over at the other elf with a quizzical look on his face.

"What do you mean what's in it for us? Revenge against those that destroyed our forest home? A chance to get out of this accrused hole and back into the light? Or do you mean besides that?" Solaris says, with a hint of anger in his voice.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Lukas spouts smoke towards Solaris and coldly comments: Oh noble pale brother, I'm sure you miss your easy past life, but I had nuthin' like that, on th' contrary. Don't see really what I should be fighting' for, really. No glory, no good deeds. Money, women and exciting life, is what i look fer... ,then takes another sip at his drink, makes a disgusted face, and remarks: I'm sick of drinking this s***

Remove ads