• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

8 years ago, the world ended... [4E]

SarahRequiem

First Post
[sblock=OOC all]Solaris' attacks left the beast with 1 hp :p I'll just have it die and move on.

edit: actually, solaris didnt include the +2. maybe I should check people's rolls instead of trusting you all :p[/sblock]

Solaris' attacks drops the creature down, lifeless. As the dust settles down and all threats have been taken care of, your surroundings turn to silence. No screams, no roarings, no fighting. Nothing. Even the wind decided to be quiet... You look up to the clouded sky and you can see a faint reddish glow piercing through the darkness. The sun is on its way down as the afternoon trades its place with evening. Once thing you all know from this; The creatures are much more active at night. If you had only encountered a handful of these foul beasts in a few hours through the city, you will not have such luck once the sun disapears behind the mountains....

Seeing the large Pelor temple towering over the other buildings a few blocks ahead of you, you know you are almost at the center of the city. Unfortunately, you will not reach the edge of the city tonight...

[sblock=OOC all] Time to give meh some Roleplaying y'all =P [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ah! a great place to take cover from these orcs! Surely there will be much more when that fire orb goes to sleep. I, with the power invested in me, suggest to go inside that building, to save our souls from these evil orcs." With that said, the mage walks to the temple, pointing it with his finger.

OOC: I was on a sampling trip, and when I got back, my internet provider went all wrong. Damn internet -.-

Zweischneid

First Post
Benedict nods in agreement to the Wizards suggestion as he takes of his helmet and clears grime of his face.

"Limitz has it right I guess. Those beasts come after us. As long as the sun's protective light is not here to shelter us from the onslaught of darkness, we should seek refuge where people once ... people .. well .. "

His words lost in uncomfortable silence, Benedict follows along with the mage, though not before crushing the skull of a Dark One below his armoured heel.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, it appears we need to hole up for the night and perhaps that temple of Pelor will help us more than it did when the darkness came. Although I do not dare to hope that any divine magic still lingers in that place." Solaris says with a tinge of sadness entering his voice.

The elf lightly steps over the bodies of their foes, stopping only long enough to wipe his blades on them, directly in contrast to Benedict's heavy footfalls.

He'll resume his position at the front of their group, but keeps his blades drawn, just in case.

SarahRequiem

First Post
The group decide to head for the temple for the night, hoping it will be a safe haven to shield them from the beasts. The sun is rapidly sinking in the horizon and through the silence that lasted for a few minutes now, a loud shrieking howl can be heard at the distance.

You spin around from hwere you came and the echoes of that howl vibrates around you. For a few seconds... nothing... Until you heard the creatures' howl again. A howl that repeats over and over, almost in harmony. You cant tell for sure, but there could be dozens of these creatures, maybe a hundred or even more out there. And the worst of it all, its getting closer....

The lack of light makes it hard to see anything at a distance, but it always look like the shadows around you are alive, dancing...

Lukas stares into the distance and his eyes widen

"Guys, this is bad. RUN!" he warns his companions as he turns and starts running toward the temple.

[sblock=OOC all]Lukas' player seems to be away still, so I took the liberty to use him. I will do so until Ata comes back[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Solaris rushes forward with all the speed that his elven heritage grants him, easily out in front of the others. He will hope to get there first and open the door.

SarahRequiem

First Post
Solaris reaches the door first, with his allies lagging not too far behind. As he gets close enough, he notices that the large door is alreadly open, only slightly. What troubles him more is the blood covering the ground in front of the door, leading inside the place. a Large eldritch cannon lying a foot from there.

You quickly peek through the opening and you can't quite see anything inside, nor can you hear any sound from within. The screams and the noises of creatures stomping the ground reminds you of the threat chasing you.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tragar's eyes go wide a moment when he sees the cannon and he moves immediately to make sure nothing's wrong with it. At the same time, he takes a moment to check to make sure someone hasn't tried to make this place inhospitable.

OOC: Use Thievery (+6) to look for traps on or near the door and the cannon then scoop it up.

Remove ads