D&D 5E 9-Page Preview of Nazi Dracula Must Die!

The title is not an unreasonable proposition! This World War 2 D&D setting from Crystal Quill Press is on Kickstarter now. You can download a free 9-page preview. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nazidracula/nazi-dracula-must-die-campaign-setting-for-dnd-5e With new subclasses like Special Ops (ranger), the School of Merlin (wizard), and Sniper (rogue), NPOCs like Merlin, Baba Yaga...

The title is not an unreasonable proposition! This World War 2 D&D setting from Crystal Quill Press is on Kickstarter now. You can download a free 9-page preview.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.33.53 PM.png

With new subclasses like Special Ops (ranger), the School of Merlin (wizard), and Sniper (rogue), NPOCs like Merlin, Baba Yaga, Einstein, and, of course, Dracula himself, and a 2-hour adventure for 5th level characters, this weird science setting is all about the pulp action.

The design team is enormous, with about 20 experienced writers and artists, and the company is committed to paying them a fair wage at 20 cents per word for the writers (which is an industry-leading amount!)

You can pick up the PDF for $15, or for $25 you can buy a coupon which lets you buy the physical book a cost from DTRPG later.

It remains to be seen how this Dracula measures up against the Dracula from Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters! Assuming that's him on the cover, he does look a bit like Matt Smith's Doctor Who.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
How do I imagine Spain and Mexico in this setting? Starting the second Cristero war. The vampires ruled secret lodges and these tried to destroy the faith. Spain has got the best vampire-hunters, but here we are too busy with own zombie apocalypse. (Do you know the Spanish horror movie "[REC]"?). Let's say Hispanoamerica is like "From Dusk Till Dawn".

Heck, given that El Laberinto del Fauno (that Pan's Labyrinth to us English Speakers) was set in 1944, you could use that for inspiration, too—especially if you want to bring in an Archfey Warlock character.

Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth is set in 1944, but the plot is too linked with the Spanish Civil War, maybe the worst controversy in this country. Usually the "official version" it's Spain lost democracy and freedom by fault of Franco's dictatorship and others will say this time History was written by the losers. Writing fiction about Spanish civil war could be too risky in the next months. Somebody says this current Spanish government wants to demolish the valley of the fallen, with the tallest crucifix in the world, because supposedly it's a symbol of Franco's dictatorship when really it was built as monument for the victims of the war in the both sides. This may cause a global protest/complain and the social networks would start to tell the horrors by the red terror, the popular front, the tortures in the chekas, the burning convents and like this. They tried to complete the worst anti-Catholic genocide in the XX century. Some martyrs suffered so horrible deaths as scenes from a horror movie, even Torquemada himself would be sick. Sorry, I mean we have to take care when we want to write fiction about historical facts.

I imagine in this setting lord mummies causing lots of troubles in Egypt, and here the main heroes would be the forgotten community, the Copts, the original people who built the pyramids. I have thought to add al-Hakim clone/reincarnation/revenant as antagonist in that region, but the druze community could be very angry with me if I say that historical character was not very sane.

And I would add Blood-Mary as heroine confused as villain. After Mary I of England being executed, her soul was transferred into a cursed jewel by means of necromantic rituals to avoid her soul could go to the Heaven. Lot of time after according to a prophecy this jewel was added to a proto-ginoid to become the ultimate vampire-killer and.... here you are, the perfect fusion between Robocop and Buffy the vampire-slayer. The troubles started when she started to kill members of the noble British houses because she noticed they were reptilians followers of Yig the snake deity.

In Japan, and China, the war against other powers had to stop by fault of the attacks of supernatural forces, as kaijus from the other world and yokais causing lots of troubles. This should allow different Asian characters as heroes/allies or antagonists.

I am afraid this time is a failure. Maybe the next time.

Do you know what it would be fun? Later to be hired by Hasbro for a fantasy dieselpunk version of G.I.Joe. Or a d20 version of the videogame Castle of Wolfenstein.

Crystal Quill Press can't offer only new subclasses, a couple of monsters and XX century technology when we can get this with the d20 Modern SRD.

My suggestion about the lore:

Vampire lodges and other supernatural factions altered the main timeline from centuries ago. The first world war ended without true winners because the new massive destruction weapons caused a zombie apocalypse. Blessed ammo was enough to stop the outbreak, but it was too expensive for all the factions. Everybody agreed a truce/ceasefire.

This time Operation Valkyrie killed Hitler and this was going to be the end of the III reich, but a counterattack arrived and the Drakul become the new Fuhrer. There is a civil war in Germany, rebel Germans against the nazis and the "Übermensch".

All the American continent, North, centre and South, suffers a "supernatural prequel" of the Cold War, with agents and spies infiltrating in all states and nations. Some dictators are puppets/front me controlled by vampire lodges, infernal cults, alien invaders or other secret factions.

The III Reich discovered planar rifts to a post-apocalypse parallel earth or maybe the afterlife realm. Ruins of a XX-century civilization to be found, but only vegetal life and some strange creatures, "husks", a mixture of dark-faes, ghosts and zombies. A nice place to be visited by the doom marine if this wanted a piece of tourism. (Like the other side in "Silent Hill" or Metropolis in Kult: lost divinity).

The war on the Pacific Ocean "ended" when the daikaiju appeared. Japan and USA blamed each other about the creation of these giant monsters. Some cities in the coasts have be attacked, even Australia and Philippines.

Alaska reports about attacks by mechas (giant robots) with soviet signs but Russia (the October revolution failed but the communist rebellion didn't end) denies all.

Remove ads

Remove ads